We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

This is a question that we have posed over the years. We have had 4 holidays in Noosa but this August we had our first holiday in Noosaville and I thought people may be interested in our reflections. We have always enjoyed Noosa but we absolutely loved Noosaville. We are now retired and found accommodation and eating out cheaper in Noosaville. It is not as stylish and up market as Noosa but has a totally different vibe which we found very appealing. The pace is slower, there are less crowds and there are far more locals. Noosa feels more like a resort town, Noosaville felt far more "real". You got to know the shop keepers who seemed to have time for a chat and every second person seemed to be walking their dog. We loved walking along the river which was flat. The walk through the National Park in Noosa in comparison is more breathtaking but it is also a far more challenging walk. We use to love that walk out to Hell's Gates but now we find it too difficult and we were very happy to enjoy the flat river walks. We still caught the bus into Noosa and my husband swam and we also enjoyed the walk in the woods which is flat. I hope this helps readers get a feel for both areas. They are both fantastic and it just depends on your interests, age and finances.

15 replies to this topic
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

When you say Noosa, do you mean Noosa Heads? Because Noosa isn't actually a suburb, it is the whole area (Noosa Shire which includes Noosa Heads, Noosaville, Tewantin etc).

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,623 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Yes, I agree Luvtuscany, and we are no where near retired. We much prefer the space and ease of driving in and parking in Noosaville over the chaos of Noosa Heads, and like you, we still catch the bus down for a surf, but I have found so many restaurants at Noosaville that I love, so I don't feel the need to head to Hastings St to eat - after all, Zachary's lunchtime special is available at Noosaville too!

cheers.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,769 posts
278 reviews
3. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Hi,

I agree with you and SB, Noosaville over Noosa Heads for me, to darn hard to get a car park in Noosa Heads when visiting, and yes Noosaville has a great strip of various sized and diverse eating establishments.

Safe travels - Robert

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
457 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Thanks so much for posting. Good to read your positive review as we too are thinking about trying Noosaville for the first time after many wonderful visits to Noosa (Heads).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,201 posts
2,028 reviews
5. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Thanks for sharing as its always nice to hear a different experience. We always stay at Noosa Heads but will try Noosaville next time we visit.... love the river too !

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
295 reviews
6. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Hi

Only recently got back from another visit to the Sunshine Coast but, like others, I think Noosaville is the one to go for. Walks along the river are fantastic. You can walk on the flat to the marina at Tewantin and there's only a short stretch where you're on the main road. So relaxing.

The choice of restaurants is excellent and everything is low key. When I've been to Noosa Heads in the last couple of years I couldn't wait to get back to Noosaville. This year I didn't even bother to go.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
191 reviews
7. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

I've just spent a week staying in Noosaville and I believe it is a much better option than Noosa Heads , a much more laid back vibe and not as expensive and plenty of choices for a great meal or takeaway.

Went over to Noosa Heads one morning and Hasting Street was packed, the traffic was in gridlock and there was nowhere to park, I couldn't wait to get back to Noosaville.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 06:47
Oz
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Hi,

IMHO Noosa for couples and Noosaville for families.

Cheers,

Yaroomba, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
73 reviews
9. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

Asa long term local, we never go to Noosa Heads (parking nightmare and too many tourists), agree with all above Noosaville is more affordable and prettier choice hands down. However, just Enjoy it wherever you stay on our beautiful coast

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
32 posts
204 reviews
10. Re: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!

I would suggest Noosaville for all the reasons you stated. Less overwhelmingly busy, still lots of good eateries and then even if you feel like going into Noosa centre for more options it’s not far for you to go! Enjoy!

Reply to: To Noosa or to Noosaville....that is the question!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted