We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandcastles Noosa

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sandcastles Noosa

Hi,

I am staying in Noosa for five nights at the end of Jan/early Feb, and was looking at staying at Sandcastles in Noosa which is on the beach side of Hastings St.

I have not seen any feedback or independent reviews about this resort.

Can anyone give me any information on what it is like?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

I like Sandcastles especially the position. Being the last building on the street, you get the feeling of being just a little away and less noisy and crowded.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

Thanks Surfoz,

I was just a little concerned because the price is so much cheaper than all the other resorts on the beach side of Hastings St.

We have booked in there.

Thanks for your response.

Galway
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

Hi Reviewer14,

We are travelling to Australia in May for our honeymoon and have also booked Sandcastles in Noosa. Id love to hear how you got on there and whether you would reccomend them.

Also, any feedback on Noosa would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adelaide
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

Hi Galwaygirl,

In relation to Noosa, it's such a wonderful spot. The beach there is great (not sure what the weather is like in May), and there are wonderful restaurants. It was our second trip to Noosa because we loved it so much the first time and wanted to return.

In relation to Sandcastes accommodation, I have mixed feelings. I have to say that I was a little disapointed with our stay there.

Firstly, Gary & Sue were great, always responded to emails, and very very helpful. I couldn't fault their service.

My disapointment is in relation to the apartment itself. The bed, wasn't very comfortable, the sheets & covers were cheap and itched, and the bed itself felt a little too small lengthways (I'm around 168cm).

The walls are paper thin, and we were woken every morning by the garbage collection at around 6am. On top of that, the apartment behind us had a new born baby that screamed at 6am so that didn't help either.

The bathroom was adequate, but a little old and nothing special. The shower is over a bathtub.

The best thing about Sandcastles is it's location, and I guess that is what you are paying for. It is on a nice quiet part of the beach at the end of the other resorts, and there is a nice view from the balcony. From the balcony, you can hear the waves crashing and it blocks out the noise from the rest of the building behind the apartment. It's a really nice spot to have drinks at night and relax.

I felt as though this accommodation would be better suited to families with children as there were several groups staying there with their kids, and since we were looking for more of a romantic getaway, it was a little too noisy for us, and when we sat on the balcony, we had to look over the children (not that they were misbehaving, just a little distracting)

From what I can tell, it is the cheapest accommodation on the beach side of Hastings St, I would not pay $260 again to stay there, but I think Noosa is an expensive place and if you want to stay on the beach its the cheapest option.

I wouldn't stay there again as a couple, but it seems like the perfect spot for families with children who get up at 7am anyway.

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

Sandcastles is "No1 Hastings Street" and can easily be confused with "No1 in Hasting Street" which is completely different resort and the other end of Hasting Street on the hillside (and quite nice apparently).

Sandcastles has a lovely pool area but the apartments are old and although refurbed are not up to some of the gin palaces now built beachside on Hastings. It is still relatively expensive and if it was not for the location then would be worth less than half the price. As it is if you want beachside (albeit restricted views due to trees and park in front of property) then this is the cheapest option.

We stayed in April and the place was very quiet for a couple of nights so we had the lovely pool and spa almost to ourselves. On the day we left families started to arrive and the place was too small to escape the noise so it was not as great.

Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

I had booked to stay at Sandcastles Noosa arriving on 21/7/09. I was unable to stay in the apartment because it was extremely dirty, smelly toilet and dirty surrounds of toilet, bedcovers stained and uninviting, the whole place was run down and absolutely not as advertised. I unfortunately had paid in advance #1600 for 6 nights and was refused a refund. Although the receptionist did admit that the room needed to be cleaned, my whole experience was so bad that I became and still feel extremely distressed by this experience.

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

That is absolutely disgusting and so unfair to you.

I would keep on trying to get a refund.

Maggie

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

We too had the worst experience at Sandcastles as per some of the other negative posts. We travel and stay in a lot of hotels around Australia and this is by far one of the worst. Absolutely do not go on the pictures that are on the website for this hotel - they are very deceiving. It was dirty, old and run down and other than being beachfront (of which only a few rooms were), it is the worst hotel on Hastings Street and we think in Noosa. We ended up leaving on the first night and because we pre-paid they would not refund any of the booking. We ended up booking somewhere else because the hotel was that bad and so was the customer service over the dispute. Do yourself a favour and avoid this hotel.

9. Re: Sandcastles Noosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Noosa