We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Hi, heading off to Noosa in early December. Will be travelling with 3 teenagers and my husband. Would love a great 3 bedroom apartment within easy walking distance of Hastings Street. I have booked at Outrigger Little Hastings but have read some dire reviews of it being souless. Any recommendations or any thoughts on Outrigger Little Hastings? thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

I know I have done this many times this year but I seriously do believe in this place - its fantastic....

http://www.lasrias.com.au/

one of the best locations in the area, great rooms/amenities AND its generally affordable.....

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Yes agree, 40ish, Quamby Place, where it's located is a great spot.

There's other good places to stay there too, at fantastic prices.

Guess it depends on your budget mattiedragon, look at one of the last minute booking sites for others in Quamby Place as there are a few more located there, they are all on the Noosa River.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

diferent motives than 40s ....but the 3bedders at skippers cove have have 3 bathrooms.....jetty at the front facing North east. good for a middle ground and priced stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

agree Skippers Cove are good Mausgrass. And we had a fantastic waterfront unit at Driftwood last year too. Its all good really :-)

and ps to Mattiedragon - keep in mind Outrigger has only just opened and those reviewers would have been some of the first guests and also in off-peak season, so the place probably wasnt jumping.

We found ourselves virtually alone at a new place in Thailand and thought it was bliss , very peaceful and the staff/guest ratio was well and truly in our favour...not a bad thing imho !

Edited: 30 September 2010, 08:42
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

I will be at Outrigger Little Hastings St this weekend and will let you know my verdict. Noosa Harbour resort also has 3 bedders.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Well we are here, it is very flash, very modern, our room is very comfortable, lots of steel grey and green , easy walk to Hastings St.

Really nothing to grumble about at all, odd that our booking says no service yet their is an in dining menu in our room, I think we were upgraded from a hotel room to a 1 bed apartment.

Having said that, we feel as we are a bit in the Truman Show and we don't really feel it is a home away from at home at all.

Hope this helps

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Nice to hear you are having a nice time depite all this rain Surfoz !

Sounds like the resort is just suffering from all its 'newness'. Things will no doubt improve a bit more as the gardens grow etc...

I know we have had noise/privacy issues at some of the resorts that are very open and have bad acoustics but they seem to improve once all the trees have grown and they help absorb sounds.

Dont forget to wave to the cameras ! Lol ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Hi 40ish

Perhaps you are right but I thought the gardens and trees look really good. The noise problem is people coming home at night etc walls must be paper thin lol

Still this must be the nicest accom we have ever stayed in as i said very flash and we will come back when the price is right. I certainly wouldn't like staying a few days but overnight is fine. A small grumble, no outdoor spa!!!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

Oh and for once Noosa was mostly fine and warm unlike Brisbane --odd I know !

melbourne
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for family friendly apartment for 5

I stayed at the Outrigger Little Hastings St in August and couldn't speak of it highly enough. I truly believe it will eventually become THE place to stay in Noosa. Its rainforest location inside the National Park in such close proximity to Hastings St and facilities like conference rooms, gym, kids games room, health spa (the best my wife has seen and she would know :o( ..................) make it quite unique

Being brand new there are teething issues - until the trees grow it may be a little echo-ey in the more crowded areas. I also found breakfast rather underwhelming but I'm told that is being improved as we speak. Bear in mind though that some of the less complimentary reviews are from people paying $159/night on Wotif and expecting the lap of luxury in a 1 br apartment. Another unique aspect of this resort is that there are a huge range of accomodation types and you'll get what you pay for. There are 1 and 2 br apartments , Treetop Villas with a bushy outlook and Deluxe Villas with a view to Laguna Bay . All the villas come with double garages as far as I know.

I stayed in a 3br Deluxe Villa - the thing is well over 30 squares with ocean views, everything you could need , Miele appliances , filtered water on tap , 2 large decks with banana lounges, ocean views from your bed in 2 bedrooms and no common walls etc.....

I haven't written a review as I felt there may be some issue with its independence - I stayed free of charge as a corporate guest of the villa owner and was not a paying customer. That however does not invalidate my opinion - I would happily have paid the going rate.

I have attached a couple of photos of "Brookes Pool" which is for the exclusive use of those staying in Deluxe Villas at the Hastings St end of the resort. Pretty spectacular!

Get answers to your questions about Noosa