We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
888 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

We have recently returned from Noosa and out of courtesy to the numerous people who answered my vast quantity of questions I have written a brief report of our trip.

We flew to Brisbane from Sydney, with Virgin Blue and picked up our Hertz hire car and made our way to Noosa. All very straight forward and efficient. The directions were very good and easy to follow. We turned off at Coolum Beach as recommended, we had a quick spot of lunch overlooking the beach, very relaxing. The coastal route was very a delightful easy way to get to Noosa.

We arrived at our destination at Wolngarin Resort, separate report on their website and unpacked, we then made our way to Woolworth's to get stocked up with essentials for our stay. We could not however resist a visit to Dan Murphy's for yet more absolute essentials! We found this to be an incredibly well stocked wine and beer store well worth a visit.

We went out early evening and being a Sunday early in the season it was extremely quiet, not many people around.

Monday got up early had breakfast and had a walk around the river and generally got our barings. Unfortunately it started to rain, so we made our way back and had some lunch. In the afternoon the weather was still unsettled so we drove to Hastings Street and had a look around and had a look at the beach which was very impressive.

Tuesday now in to the Noosa way of life in bed by 10pm up at 05.30 hours! We headed to Noosa National Park and had a wonderful walk along the cliff top, the views were fantastic. We even spotted a Koala Bear in a tree thanks to the sharp eyed ranger who we bumped into. Afternoon on the main beach, very relaxing.

Wednesday up at the crack of dawn, beautiful sunny day, headed to Edmundi got there at 07.45 parked on the main street. Spent an hour at the market got away before it got too busy. Had a coffee and my wife had a cream tea, very calorific! Back to Noosa for my wife to fry on the beach, I had a wander round and a drink in the Surf Club which has wonderful views over the beach, well worth a visit.

Thursday up at 05.00 got picked up at 06.25 by Fraser Island Adventure Tours for a wonderful day trip to Fraser Island, back at 17.30. Very full and enjoyable day out.

Friday did the river cruise got the all day ticket so we could use it in the evening for a return trip to a restaurant in Hastings Street. We went for a quiet drink at The Surf Club! It was like all hell let loose, the place was manic! Five bar staff on and huge queues to get served, amazing place. Not for the faint hearted!

Saturday our final day my wife wanted to grab some more sun, on the beach by 08.00hrs we must be mad.

Sunday

An easy drive down The Bruce Highway back to Brisbane and flight back to Sydney. Unfortunately I left my reading sunglasses in the hire car and when I remembered within five minutes, the car had gone to be cleaned and the sunglasses had very quickly disappeared. Ce'st La Vie!

Restaurants we visited.

Rasa, surprisingly good a BYO.

River Edge Bistro, good food, only comment they advertise a free bottle of house wine with every booking for two or more, however no mention of it and they offer you the full wine list first. We enqired about the wine. Oh would you like the free bottle? Yes! A bit sharp I thought, so did a couple on the adjoining table.

Rosies a very enjoyable good value meal. Highly Recommended. BYO.

Red Emperor excellent fish and chips took them back to the apartment and washed them down with a delicious bottle of wine courtesy of Dan Murphy1

Lindoni's. Food okay, grossly overpriced in our opinion and would not recommend it. However there was a large wedding party and the place was full. They are obviously cleaning up and milking it.

Bistro C, this in our opinion was the best restaurant we went to in Noosa, very busy but very good value for money. We had sea food pasta which came complete with half a Moreton Bay Bug on top, delicious. Great Service.

Thank you for recommending Noosa to us we had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to stay there again. There is so much to do and see.

Hastings Street or Noosaville? Both have a lot to offer in different ways it depends on your personal tastes. The tourist office told us the last bus between the two was at 6.30 this was incorrect as the buses up until around 11pm making it very easy to get between the two resorts.

Once again many thanks to you all for your tremendous help and advice. We had a wonderfull holiday.

Bootle45

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thankyou for the fantastic report, so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

Hope you visit again, there's so much to see and do.

Edited: 20 November 2010, 08:47
worcs
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

We are staying in Noosa for the first time over Christmas so great to read your report. Just wondered where you went on the ferry, other than Hasting St.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Excellent report! So happy you had a nice time.

I agree about Bistro C - it's one of my favourites, great location and outlook too!

Rasa's, also great, it is one of those places - nothing fancy on the outside but fantastic food.

Hopefully now you will be able to help answer questions of other newcomers to Noosa! :)

Stelle

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,474 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

A great report. Informative and readable. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Luigi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Thank you so much for your feedback Bootle. I was wondering how you guys were going up there.

It's always lovely to hear of people really enjoying things we've recommended. I especially get a kick out of the little things, like turning of at Coolum, as they are not something you see in a guidebook.

You pretty much covered all our favorite things. In fact I think I now have a bad case of noosa- envy. Time to get up there again !

P.s. Glad to hear someone else thingks LIndonis is overpriced. It can have considerable ambience but I think there are a lot of better options.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Grat report thanks Bootle and glad you had a good time. Your report will help others in their quest for info.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Echoing the others, it's really good to see how people enjoyed their trips; whether they found our tips helpful, and any tips they might have to pass on to others.

Thanks Bootle. I think I'm in need of a Noosa fix, too.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,088 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Hi Bootle

Have just seen your trip report on arrival back from Rarotonga.

Really glad you enjoyed it and that you enjoyed some of the same restaurants that we do.

But I agree re RiverEdge. We've had to ask for our free bottle each time. Bit sneeky really. Still given without question when requested.

Hmm. Maybe time to arrange the next Noosaville trip!

Edited: 22 November 2010, 01:10
noosa
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

The Noosa ferry travels between Hastings St and Tewantin with stops at Noosa Sound, and various stops along the riverfront (Gympie Terrace) at Noosaville. It takes about 35 mins to travel the complete trip.

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

I'm so glad to hear that you were blessed with the sunshine that I had promised as we have had a couple of very unsettled weeks with too much rain....you seemed to take advantage of all the things the locals take for granted!