We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accom in noosa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
accom in noosa

Don't stay at fairshore holiday apartments in hastings st. We have been here for 6 days and have been very disappointed. Half way through our stay we had to swap apartments ( known to us before our stay, so thats kewl) They didn't prioritize the new apartment cleaning and we had to wait over 4 hours for it to be ready. The apartment's are cleaned daily and they 'forgot' to clean ours. We chose it for the location, being right on the beach, and thats been great. But the level of service is disappointingly bad and we won't be staying here again.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accom in noosa

Your profile says you live in Noosa ????

why the post?

We've stayed there in the past for a weekend and never had any problems.

Edited: 19 April 2011, 09:35
Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accom in noosa

These sorts of posts bother me. Someone fires off randomly about how bad their experience was but then when someone comes in and says "We've stayed there and havn't had any problems"

who do you believe?

We're staying their in a few weeks, and after reading many posts about Acccom Noosa, I sure hope we dont get ripped as that's who we've booked through.

We are realistic and don't expect to be pampered with service etc but when you've stayed at cheap hotels and expensive ones you sort of know what to expect.

I just hope we get what we expect at Fairshore (through AccomNoosa) or you will definetely HEAR about it from us.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accom in noosa

Hardstyl

Who to believe?

Well, let's put it this way. The poster starts a new thread just to complain about this accommodation. It is only their second post and the other one (if you look) is meaningless. Could be genuine but would have been better to do a review under the correct section (or get it listed if it's not there already).

As far as lifetraveller's post is concerned, I would suggest that you look at her record, number of posts, reviews and the quality of her advice.

Of course, people do have different tastes and it's always possible to have a bad experience. And sometimes people expect too much.

But when it comes to "who do you believe", well there's no question in my mind on this one - lifetraveller.

I like Noosa a lot, but usually stay in Noosaville which I prefer. So I don't know the property being discussed. But I certainly hope that you enjoy your stay in a few weeks' time.

Come back and tell us how you got on.

Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accom in noosa

Yeh normally if someone has something to say and someone questions their story and they don't reply or back up with something else then I'd have to say it's just one of those people in life whereas doesn't matter how hard people try to help or make them happy they'll always have something nasty or bad to say.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accom in noosa

Hi again

Not wishing to confuse you further, but did you search the accommodation on this site?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g261678-d195411…

Mixed reviews, but many first timers and it looks as though the complex has been refurbished.

I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you and look forward to your feed back.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accom in noosa

The OP has never ever responded, that says a lot to me eg probably not genuine.

Thankyou nzlilibet for your post. As you mentioned I'm certainly not a one time poster or reviewer, and have stayed at Noosa Heads and Noosaville for the last 40 years.

Where all these new resorts and shops are located used to be old seaside houses and some 50's motels. In fact I'd rather Noosaville, Tewantin and Noosa North Shore anyday now! Noosa Heads has lost it's charm for me for holidays these days unfortunately.

However I have stayed at most of the newer resorts but not for holidays.

The negative post is old - some 6 months ago.

If you want to ask a question about Fairshore why don't you start your own post?

As far as I'm concerned if you have a negative attitude before you commence your holiday you won't enjoy it.

Everyone has different ideas and tastes regarding accommodation.

Hardstyl, see you have a review on other accommodation at Noosa Heads -why didn't you book there again as you mentioned in the review "you'd go back in a heartbeat"

LTB

Edited: 14 September 2011, 11:59
Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accom in noosa

Answer to your question Lifetraveller:

Wanted something with a view, on the beach with pool outside door and that's what we're getting.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accom in noosa

I think you are being really unfair, so what if its their first post - we have all had our 'first post'!

As for not responding - so what again maybe they are really busy with life!

If thats their opinion, then you should respect it, it might not be yours but who says because you have time to post alot your opinion is any more worthy than a first time non responsive poster!!!

Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accom in noosa

Still have to say, if you can't back up your claims then don't post in the first place.

I guess people who always complain and whinge always find time out from their busy lives to indulge in their passion. But as soon as people question their claims, they are nowhere to be seen.

Central Coast
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accom in noosa

BTW, regardless of suer261678 complaint, we still stayed at the Fairshore.

And I have to say you besides it being pretty pricey, you get what you pay for and we had an absolute ball. Awesome place to stay.

Thorougly recommend it. Read my review on the Fairshore.