We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoeing with kids from Elanda Point

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Canoeing with kids from Elanda Point

Anyone know whether it is safe/ advisable to canoe with 2 children (aged 8 and 10) from Elanda Point on Lake Coolharaba up into the Everglades? We've heard it can get pretty rough in the afternoon and don't want to cram it all into a morning trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoeing with kids from Elanda Point

Correct it often can be windy and choppy and tough going with the paddling.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canoeing with kids from Elanda Point

It can get choppy in the afternoon when the wind gets up. I took about 90 11 year old school students up there a couple of years ago staying at the Elanda Point Camping area. We canoed the opposite way to Booreen Point with some groups doing it the morning and some in the afternnoon.

Morning groups it was like a Millpond. In the afternoon I got out and walked dragging the kayak behind me as I was feeling slightly "sea sick" believe it or not. Quite a few kids took up this option as it was took heavy going for them in the late afternoon.

In near the shore at Elanda Point it is walking distance for quite a distance out so from this point of view this end of it is very safe for kids.

Edited: 13 August 2011, 09:33
3. Re: Canoeing with kids from Elanda Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Noosa