We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

I have narrowed down my options to two different 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom apartments. Most places are either booked, have a minimum stay, or just out of our price range. I am looking at the Hastings Street 2 bedroom at On The Beach, and a 2 bedroom at Bella Casa Noosa. On The Beach is $430 more for our 3 night stay. I can not find any reviews for On The Beach's Hastings Street apartment. Does anyone have first hand experience with this unit? I am trying to justify the price difference - $430 to avoid crossing Hastings Street seems steep. Does anyone have input on either property that might sway me one direction or the other? Thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

Hi I haven't stayed in either but beqchfront is always more expensive as the views are fantastic.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

I agree, but the apt at On The Beach is facing Hastings Street not the beach. I guess I am kind of concerned about noise too.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

Ah then I know where I would be keeping my money!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g261678-d122700…

Tried Tingirana?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

Tingirana is full for our dates - that would have been absolutely perfect, a little disappointing, oh well. I did read the OTB reviews - one bad amongst all glowing, eh, unfortunately none about the 2/2 unit. There is a rooftop terrace with a supposed view (which is difficult to determine using google earth's satellite view ) - the website does not have any labeled images. Hopefully someone who has stayed will comment.

Thanks for the feedback surfoz.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

HI There

We come to Noosa every year for a week, and we love it. Beach front is always more expensive, and when I travel with my teenagers and need a 2 bed apartment I book accross the road, for the cost saving, and have stayed at many, Emerald, ocean Breeze, French Quarter, Sebel (Laguna on Hastings) and last year we stayed at bella Casa

Bella Casa apartments where great, but I wouldnt stay again, as I like a hotel with a good pool to lay in the arvo, and it had a pool, but it was in the back of the property adjacent to the carpark which was in complete shade all day long! That didnt suit me , so I hung at the beach

If I was choosing accomodation on that side of Hastings St, the Sebel (laguna on hastings) is the best IMO. Great apartments, immaculate gounds, and a nice pool in the central spot that gets shade one side and sun the other side. We choose to stay hear always if we travel with the kids

We are however going for melbourne cup week and I have booked a 1 bed apartment at Maison on the beach, which is the other end, more quiter , but really really nice. The have a promotion on there website at the moment, for the months of Nov and December I think

Good luck let us know where you choose

PS Although I havent stayed at On The Beach, its in prime location, centre of beach and looks gr8. The nrw Fairshore would be another option, along with Seahaven?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

I've stayed in a one bedroom, 2nd floor apartment. Spa on rooftop, up a spiral staircase. Great for couples, no good with family. Also great beach view. I haven't been in the 2 bedroom street side apartments, but with no view you may as well stay across the street. In case you don't know, a lot of apartments are handled by the local Real Estate agents. Search for Noosa Heads Real estate agents.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

Thank you both for the great feedback! I did try Maison, however we only needed three nights and they would not budge on their 5 night minimum rule.

Ultimately we decided to book On The Beach (OTB) because the 2 bedroom apartment has a rooftop deck overlooking the beach with a grill, spa, loungers ect. OTB also informed me they had installed special sound proofing windows. Based on the Bella Casa reviews, noise is a real concern - plus the pool issue mentioned did not go unnoticed. (beside shady it looks tiny) I think Bella Casa looks lovely, and the price is right; however the sound issue, beach front rooftop deck, and beachfront pool ultimately pushed us to OTB. I'll be sure to report back after staying!

8. Re: 2bed/2bth On The Beach or Bella Casa Noosa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 20:18