We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Noosa?

Oppegard, Norway
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Noosa?

Hi,

we are a family of four, kids are 10 and 6 at the time of travelling, on our first trip to Australia this coming Christmas.

We are stopping by Noosa from Brisbane on our way to Hervey Bay, but wonder what to do. I guess we only have one full day, so I need some suggestions.

Any good restaurants and events/places we MUST see/do?

All feedback is appreciated

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Noosa?

My suggestion is to drive to hastings st and follow it to the end where it becomes claude batten drv and park there (Can usually find a spot but could be a lot busier at christmas) From here you can walk up hastings st - shopping and restaurants and ice cream. Check out noosas main beach for a swim. Nice and safe for children with patrolled area. You can hire boards etc if you want.

Visit the noosa national park (conservation area) if you can, awesome walk with ocean views. From hastings st follow park road to the end( less parking here). We normally walk from hastings but i think it may be a bit far for a 6 year old.

We normally eat along gympie tce noosaville.

Btw: Australia zoo is on the way to noosa

Edited: 05 March 2013, 09:28
New Zealand
Level Contributor
712 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Noosa?

Stand in line for an excellent gelato at Massimo - end of Hastings Street before the hill to National Park. Take a short walk around the park, we once saw a Koala walk across the road and then up a tree! First and only time seen a Koala in the wild!

Take a ferry boat ride from outside the Sheraton up the noosa river to have the best fish n chips in Noosa at Red Emperor (dosnt take long) and then eat them on the tables along the river. Beautiful spot, kids can run around.

Hire a boat and cruise around the water ways on Noosa River if you have time.

Enjoy your time

Oppegard, Norway
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Noosa?

Thanks for the feedback. I really have som more planning to do :-)

4. Re: What to do in Noosa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Noosa