We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day lunch 2013

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day lunch 2013

We will be staying in Noosaville over Christmas and I'd like to go somewhere for lunch on Christmas Day that is suitable for kids and adults - in Noosaville, Noosa or surrounds as we have a car or could catch the water taxi. Our son is only 5, so don't want to pay a fortune for food he wont eat, but would like to make it christmas-sy as we won't be at home. Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

I went to

Riva Waterfront Restaurant & Bar

Restaurants - Noosa Heads, QLD

10/ 1 Quamby Pl, Noosa Heads QLD 4567

Phone

(07) 5449 2440

I stayed at the sheraton which I wouldnt recommend but i caught a water taxi to the restaurant. great food and fabby relaxed waterfront location

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
249 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

The Boathouse and all the restaurants along Noosa River/Gympie Terrace and at the Noosa Marina throw Christmas lunches. I would avoid Hasting St, as it's a total circus and since all business have to pay the $70,000/per year Hastings Street levy, you can imagine their prices. Just have a look at all the restaurants on Gympie Terrace on Trip Advisor, find one you like the sound of and check their website for menus and make a booking.

Locals tend NOT to go anywhere the Noosa circus during school holidays.

I can recommend the BOATHOUSE, it's 119 pp and it does get booked out rather quick as the place is right on the water:

boathouserestaurant.com.au/images/Christmas-…

Book quickly, as most places are full already!

Scotland
Level Contributor
267 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

we have booked the sirocco restaurant in noosaville for christmas eve, and we will have 4 kids with us ! and we plan to bbq on christmas day, only because we are in australia !

New Zealand
Level Contributor
705 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

We did this a few years back

don't forget your xmas hats, some lights to decorate your balcony etc I also bought a blow up santa to sit on the deck - it didn't take up any room in my bag

we had a xmas breakfast with the xmas hats etc in our apartment/opened pressies etc

then walked the beach and we all flew kites - which once again didn't take up much room in our bags

left xmas messages written in the sand all over noosa beach

then went to Sirocco for xmas dinner - great and they catered very nice for the kids

Sheraton has a great pool for the kids

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

Sparkle

This is a really old thread with someone asking about Christmas Day lunch in 2013!!

6. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Noosa