We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dividing time between Noosa, Brisbane, and Straddie?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dividing time between Noosa, Brisbane, and Straddie?

Hi everyone!

I'll be visiting Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast at the end of September, and I have a week that I plan to divide between Brisbane, North Stradbroke Island, and Noosa.

I'll be flying into Brisbane, and at this point, I'm thinking of spending 3 days in Straddie and 3 days in Noosa, with just an afternoon to explore Brisbane when I first fly in. After that, I'll be visiting Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island.

I'm hoping to get some input on how I'm dividing up my time. At this point I'll be traveling alone, staying in hostels, and using public transportation, so my schedule is quite flexible. If there's more to see in one place than another, I want to adjust my schedule accordingly. I like exploring new cities, but I'm not really into night life, and my priorities are more relaxing on the beach and exploring national parks/hiking. I also really like being within walking distance of little downtown areas with cafes and things to see.

And any suggestions of things to do/see in these locations is much appreciated as well, specifically those accessible by foot or bus! I'd plan to stay in YHA hostels.

Thanks a bunch!

Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dividing time between Noosa, Brisbane, and Straddie?

North Stradbroke Island and Noosa are two of our favourite places and I'm sure you will love both.

If you only have a few hours in Brisbane I would get down to south bank, close to hostels etc and jump on a city cat to head up and down the river. Or just do a long walk there, popping in at GOMA and Qld art gallery then crossing the river on one of the pedestrian bridges and wandering thru the Botanical Gardens and the city.

With Straddie the backpacker accom is probably the dive centre next to Adder Rock camping ground. It is a nice walk then along the beach to Cylinder beach. You can catch a bus from the ferry to there and also up to point lookout with the beautiful gorge walk.

You need to catch a train from Brisbane to Cleveland to get the straddie ferry.

In Noosa the best located backpackers is Halse Lodge just near the beach and Noosa National Park. But the backpackers in William st Noosaville is also good, near the river and you can catch the ferry to Hastings st.

If you can be in or on the way to Noosa on a Wednesday or Saturday try and get to the Eumundi markets.

Have a great time in Qld.

Gold Coast...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dividing time between Noosa, Brisbane, and Straddie?

Noosa is definitely one of my favourite spots around. I think around 3 days in Noosa is plenty of time to explore. I would recommend doing the Noosa National Park. I usually stay in Noosaville as it is a bit cheaper and only takes around 30 minutes to walk to Noosa Heads. I would also recommend checking out the Eumundi markets on a Wednesday or Saturday for a cultural experience. If you are interested in walking the Noosa National Park I have included a map of the different trails on my blog, apureperspective.com/noosa-national-park/. Hope you enjoy your time :)

3. Re: Dividing time between Noosa, Brisbane, and Straddie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 05:16