We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vale do Lobo recommendations

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Vale do Lobo recommendations

Heading for Vale do Lobo this weekend and a week's timeshare stay.

Any guidance on sensibly priced restaurants and bars in vicinity welcome, together with suggestions on best place to stock up en route from Faro airport Saturday morning.

My wife and daughter's first visit to Portugal, while I have golfed in Vilamoura and Tavira districts - where should I take them?

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Well, you have to pass through Almancil on the way to Vale Do Lobo there are supermarkets there. Also at the 'entrance' into Vale do Lobo there is a supermarket in a car park just to your left of the new roundabout by the new fountains. We always head down to the 'Praca' by the beach at Vale do Lobo to Sandbanks for 'brunch after an early flight into Faro. You will find more restaurants and Montys bar at the Praca. If the weather is nice Julias beach on a sunday is popular. In Nov I dont know how busy it will be though. We like Izzys! Hope this helps you.

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Many Thanks Liverpoolman. Fingers crossed for weather and looking forward to following your recommends.

Algarve
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Hello,

Most of the restaurants near vale do lobo and quinta do lago are very expencive, because it all turists exist another kind of restaurants and they are very good not so expencive, in quarteira existe very good restaurants likes a caravela; marisqueira sol e mar; eu can eat very good fish better in "marisqueira sol e Mar", and in the faro isle you can eat vry good "arroz de lingeirao" with fish very very good and portuguese plate, existe another algarvio plate wich calls " XAREM" it's very good too.

Kind regards

Guixi

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Thanks for the tips Guixi. Sadly, I'm back in freezing Yorkshire now, but will remember the tips for the future.

As you say, Vale de Lobo and Quinta certainly know how to charge, but they will need to do some credit crunching with their menus this summer. Otherwise, BBQ coals will be the growth market!

That said, had two very nice meals at Iberico and Mr Freddy's - both good food, good front of house professionals and sensible prices for the quality.

Well worth a visit.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Carefulyorkshireman, thanks for those 2 restaurant tips, not tried them before but will do next year. Lets hope the euro does not equal the pound by then!!

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Too Late ...it has!!!

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

Any chance of Wetherspoon's opening in VdL do you think - 99p for bottle of San Miguel could be the way forward!

8. Re: Vale do Lobo recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:18