We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

Southern Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

Going on a 4 day break to this hotel to relax just want a general idea what is around about, any nice restaurants within walking distance, is there a local bus that would take us to Vilamoura as we want a rest from driving? Is it very far to a nice beach? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 hotels in Almancil
Dunas Douradas Beach Club
Dunas Douradas Beach Club
#2 of 14 hotels in Almancil
Quinta Jacintina Hotel
Quinta Jacintina Hotel
#3 of 14 hotels in Almancil
Herts
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

I am not certain of the location but am pretty sure that there is nothing in walking distance and a car in the area is a must. Thats not saying your miles from anywhere but that getting around on public transport is not easy, cabs are similarly priced to UK but very good.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

Davidja is right, it is not really within walking distance of anywhere. A car is a must in that area. Hotel is set down a road between the entrances of Quinta Do Lago and Vale do Lobo. The road does however eventually lead to the Garro beach area. I would certainly visit Julias Beach down there, it has a nice beach some restaurants above it. On a Sunday Izzy's and Julias usually have live music on. Nice atmosphere. We are staying at Jacintina ourselves in August to chill out for a few days at the end of our holiday, have seen the hotel on many visits to the area.

They would probably call a cab for you if you wanted to visit Vale do Lobo Praca where there are restaurants/bars or the Bouganville Plaza at Quinta again with restuarants and 2 bars. They are about 5-10 min drive away. I am not sure if the hotel has a courtesy mini bus. Worth getting in touch with them before hand? tel 2893500900 or through www.algarvehotel.com Hope this helps you .

Mentioned in this post
Julias
Julias
1,207 Reviews
Almancil, Portugal
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

I think it is now www.mysecretgardenhotel.com

4. Re: Quinta Jacintina Hotel, Almancil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 14:37