We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Hi everyone

Any help would be great! I am bringing my 2 month old baby (not born yet) to Cyprus 3rd June for a week. The holiday was booked before I got preg and its for my sisters wedding.

We are staying all inclusive in the Dome Beach Hotel and I was wondering if anyone knew if I could buy or hire a kettle for our room at the hotel? Also if there are supermarkets nearby for nappies etc.

Any advice and tips for travelling with a baby this yound would be great?

Melissa xx

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

I would have thougth the hotel would have a kettle in the room, most hotels I have been in over here did have them, failing that it would be cheaper to buy a travelling kettle in N.I. as they may be too expensive in cyprus

all supermarkets will have baby stuff in the shops along with pampers

kev

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

the beach infront of the Dome is superb, better than nissi and figtree in my opinion

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Hi Melissa,

There is no need to worry about getting tips or advice. It is safe all over the island, the water is clean and you can find just about any baby food, nappies etc etc in supermarkets. They do not cost much either.

Be careful with the baby during June with regard to the weather. Keep the baby in the shade at all times if possible. I was at home with my father in July and we had a mother running towards us asking urgently for water for her little boy. He was about 2 and was very thirsty and a little flushed. His pram didn't have an umbrella and they were walking around the village at midday. My advice is to stick a massive shade over the pram and keep the baby as cool as possible. Temperatures will reach to 28-30 degrees in June with very little humidity.

But other than that, have a great holiday, enjoy the wedding and show off your new baby to everyone! :D

Leah x

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Thanks for your replies everyone, the pram I brought comes with a UV cover and mossi net which is good and my hubby stays in the shade all the time. I didn't realise you could drink the tap water in Cyprus I thought it was the same as Spain so thats great to know and its great that you can get pampers there too.

Thanks Again xx

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Hi Melissa.

I have travelled to various places with my babies and would advise strongly that you use bottled water to make up bottles and for sterilising (if you are taking a cold water steriliser).

It's not to say that the tap water isn't perfectly safe to drink but it doesn't take much to upset a little one's tummy and a change of water could make baby poorly.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Thanks for the advice this is my first baby although my mum will be there to help me. Any advice much appreciated!!

wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Hi Melissa,

Have you seen the kids battery operated fan that clips to your pram from Mothercare?

My sister had one for her little one last yr and it came in very handy, especially when trying to get the baby to sleep- also take it on the plane with you.

As others have said, as long as the baby is hydrated, covered & kept cool, you will be fine.

Sue

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Thanks no muct have a look, my sister has two kids 2 years old and 6 months and her sister-in-law has a 6 mnth old as well so we'll all need to purchase one I think. At least the room has air conditioning.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

I remember that my babies always loved the heat. They were more settled and content on holiday than at any other time.

I would strip them down to just a nappy and lay them in the pushchair with the sun canopy over and they were as happy as Larry. I know that the heat has the opposite effect on some babies though and they can be crotchety.

Fingers crossed for you x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice Taking 2 month old Baby to Cyprus

Hi Melissa

take heed of what Karen has stated, the water over here is high in mineral always use the bottled water

Kev

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa