We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of night out

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
cost of night out

My daughter and friend are thinking of Ayia napa for a hol in July. Can anybody tell me how expensive a night out is - ie cost of drinks and entrance to clubs? What sort of age group go there - daughter in early 20's - doesnt realy want to go to place fullof teenagers!

Thanks for any help.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of night out

Ayia Napa has a wide range of age groups, there are some teenagers but most people in july are in there 20's, there are also a fair few in their 30's and you will even see much older people out and about as well.

Drinks in bars vary, they start at €2 a drink in the bars a bit away from the centre and can go up to €5 a drink in the most popular busy bars in the centre. If they stick to local drinks rather than imported spirits or bottled drinks then they will be cheaper. the PR's for each bar will be able to tell them if they have any buy one get one frees or free shots on offer as well which will make it cheaper for them.

clun entrance varies but again some bars will offer free club tickets so its best to ask the PR's what they can get. Castle Club now has a bar which gives you free entry into the club if you are in there when the bar doors close at around 12.30. For events and special nights in clubs entrance can be up to €10-15 euro's and each club has ticket sellers out and about where they can be bought cheaper than on the door.

Essex
Level Contributor
116 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of night out

There is a real mixture of ages out there, i'm 26 and my husband is 27 and when we went on a clubby holiday last year with our friends we didnt feel to old.

The pub/clubs are free to get into and a lot of them give you free nightclub tickets if you go for a drink in there. The only club I would have had to pay for when I was there was Club Ice and that because D J EZ was there that night, I think it was 15 Euros to get in per person to that one. All of the places offers free shots or buy one get one free on drinks so I didnt find it to bad. Fishbowls are about 15 Euros and they are really popular.

With regard to restaurants you have cheap ones or expensive one, there is a lot of choice, a lot of the restaurants offer deals, for example, 3 courses for 12.50 and they are really nice places to eat. You also have the usual Pizza Hut, Burger King etc if money runs out!

Your daughter will love Ayia Napa.

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of night out

Thank you very much both.

England
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of night out

Having been to Ayia Napa 3 times I was worried about going this year with the prices of drinks but after you have said you can still get the offers like buy one get one free and fish bowls for 15 Euros I am quite happy!

I have been reading about a bar called Flaskia that does all you can drink for 1 hour, do they still do that? Is it the likes of Bedrock that are the most expensive?

Also I like the look of Live Lounge, what are the prices like there?

Me and my boyfriend are hoping to save £2000 for two weeks, hope this is enough, might have to be a few drinks on the balcony first before we go out!

Sorry for all the questions, just that it has been two years since I've last been so few bars probably likely to have changed! Thanks

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of night out

bedrock does tend to be fairly pricey but they do have offers on the same as anywhere else, especially earlier in the night.

Flaskia does still do the open bar offer I think, and Simos magic by it also sometimes does as well.

I love live lounge, drinks prices are a little higher but they use mainly premium brand spirits and not the local stuff so drinks are a lot stronger. the other night we bought 2 pints, a JD & coke, brandy & coke and bacardi and coke and it was €18 plus you get free shots. Some nights they have ladies nights with free champagne and various other offers so its worth asking. Plus live lounge always has great live music so its a bit different anyway.

6. Re: cost of night out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 06:36
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations