We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ayia napa end of may???

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
Level Contributor
579 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ayia napa end of may???

hi

we'll be at the napa plaza hotel at the end of may and would appreciate recommendations for restaurants/bars/shopping for young 50 yr olds!! we will have a car and are prepared to travel as we will be researching property buying too.

cheers

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Lovely time of yearr to be in Cyprus. Not quite sure where your hotel is, but if you have a car no probs. You should go up to Cape Greco, on the way to Protaras, it is really nice in the spring. Not really much shopping wise except the usual tourist shops, unless you go to Nicosia or Larnaca. Lots of good bars and restaurants. There are some nice places around the harbour and also the Japanese place is great.

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Well, make sure that you take a tour to the mountains first, they are truly breathtaking and all the local travel agents offer them for around £16 cyprus pounds per person, its guided and you get lots of other stops too at interesting places and the coach picks you up and drops you off outside your hotel. Unless you are a good driver i wont advise you to drive up there on your own, and plus you woul'dnt know where to stop for some bargain hunting and to try out the lovely local food and sights. You haven't been to cyprus unless you've visited them!

The best shopping is in Larnaca, the girls boutiques and shoe shops are brilliant, and there are beautiful clothes that you just dont find in England. There are also good mens shops too. There are many streets are connecting to each other so you must visit them all to get all the nicest shops, but dont get lost!! There is a promenande lined with resturants and bars however the beach is not fantastic. The most stunning beach to go is Nissi Beach in Ayia Napa, it has white sand and clear still turqiouse waters and a lovely mini mountain/hill in the middle of the water that you can walk up to (the water is shallow) and is lovely!! Think Caribbean!

I don't really find Nicosia all that great, there is not much you can do there.

You will love Limassol at night, thee is a very long strip lined with bars, resturants, nightclubs and shops where people of ALL ages go to have fun or eat. It will probably be more busy at that time of year than Ayia Napa which is usually very busy from june-Sept, but try Ayia Napa square to see if it is busy enough, there are plenty of bars and nightclubs and nutty revellers there, it does get very lively.

Also, visit Paphos harbour where you can visit Paphos castle and other historical sites. It also has very good nightlife too, which is lovely and lively. Cyprus is steeped in history and had many undisturbed secluded beaches that you can have all to yourself!! If you are going to go food shopping then shop outside of your resort where it is much cheaper. Protaras has a strip also which is much quieter than limassol, paphos and ayia napa, it has a nice family orientated strip lined with souvenier shops, bars, resturants and a couple of nightclubs, and boasts some of the most beautiful beaches on the island, try fig tree bay, its lovely.

sunny scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Hi bocasecreto... we stayed in the Napa Plaza last June (early June) and loved it. We'd been to Napa before but had wanted to stay in the Napa Plaza as we loved the Architect's drawings. Napa itsself is so much fun - not just for the 'kids'... there's something for everyone and at that time, its not too halleyracket! There's a choice of restaurants right on the Plaza's doorstep with my favourite being right opposite, Castelli, even the Cypriots eat there. Up to the left and look up is the Rooks Rest, a lovely restaurant with smashing owners (3 brothers)

the dining balcony overlooks a busy crossroads so you can have a meal and a lazy bottle of wine and watch the world go by... Outside and straight down towards the beach is the Seahorse... a fun pub with karaoke (not compulsory but the compere keeps it fun) and the best cocktails ever! Petinos Restaurant is nearby and Mama Petino will keep you right on her home cooked dishes - just don't ask for any diet options! All in all, many wonderful eateries and drinking spots to amuse even the jaded and because its not quite high season, the drinks offers are plentiful. Don't be afraid to go up the square, even when its in full swing, the atmosphere is wonderful and again, every agegroup is catered for!

One last thing, hope you enjoy your holidays, we're booked for early June again - can't wait!

Berkshire
Level Contributor
579 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ayia napa end of may???

hi thanks for your replies. great to hear such positive comments. my 27 yr old son spent a couple of weeks in ayia napa 4 yrs ago and he was amazed we had booked to stay here!! just shows how your own children perceive you!!

any must see and must do's would be greta.

cheers

bocasecreto.com

Cyprus
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ayia napa end of may???

trust me there is no problems driving yourself around the area (the mountains included) in May time - now I would not recommend it with the snow, you must stop at a place called Omodos it is lovely. There are some great places in Protaras one recommendation for either lunch or dinner (we use it for both when we go for weekends) is called the Number One (Happy Days) and if you can find signs for the Silver Sands hotel it is just in front of it - really love meals at great prices (e.g. Sirloin steak with veg and Jacket or chips for CY4.50) Down the road and on the opposite side is the Only Fools and Horses bar which is also really good fun especially on a Friday and Saturday when they have a guy entertaining. If Elvis is your thing in Protaras there are about 12 of them!!! you will be spoilt for choice. If you venture into Nicosia on the main route in you will find the Hilton Hotel for CYP12 you can have a 3 course buffet lunch (Roast lamb, vegetables, Pasta dishes and fish for main course, salads, salmon, prawns, cheese etc. for starters).

sunny scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Hi again Bocasecreto...forgot to add that its worth paying a little extra for a superior pool view room at the Plaza... Nicer views, bigger room and a wonderful superking bed!

Bavaria
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Hi lyn

Hoping I have got thru to you. I read earlier in another forum that you were thinking of buying in cyprus. We have just returned and although going to look and find out more, we actually brought. If you are interested we dealt with some agents over there who were fantastic. Professional, supportive, knowledgable and very informative. If you are interested I can give you there email address.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
579 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ayia napa end of may???

fire away teajay.

i'd appreciate as much info as you can give.

cheers

Bavaria
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ayia napa end of may???

Well, we went thru a couple of agents and the first one was very dodgy (and there seems to be a few of those!). The others we went thru were great. They only deal with new builds and have several developers that they know and trust. The solicitor we got on their advice is independent of the developers, so will work only in our interests. They took us out and about for several days, but were not pushy or over the top! They are based in limassol and have an office in Larnaca.

John & Elaine Murphy. E mailJohn at:

johnm@cytanet.com.cy or look at www.agentsinfo@co.uk

They were very helpful to meeting our needs, and although everbody has different needs, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. Hope all goes well and the only advise I would give is check titel deeds on all resale (if you go for that option). No titel deeds seems to be a common problem in cyprus. Have a great time. Mail direct if you have any other queries at tjinbavaria@hotmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa