We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it better to ship gifts back to USA or Is it more costly

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it better to ship gifts back to USA or Is it more costly

Yes I'm. guido 4 Can any one tell me whats better. If I have things shipped. I do have a lot of people to buy for.and also about the what I can or expect with the tax and how much we are aloud to claim

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it better to ship gifts back to USA or Is it more costly

I am no expert so thoughts, for expensive items there is a scheme that allows you, provided you are going to a country outside of the EU, to buy them and reclaim the VAT (Value Added Tax 15% added at the point of sale). Shops that operate this have notices, provide paperwork and you reclaim the tax at the customs desk at the airport or presumably seaport. This operates in most or all EU countries.

To do this by post I suspect, but do not know, that the shop will have to export them for you which no doubt will cost and I assume that the USA may charge an import duty. Certainly I have had to pay an EU import duty on something sent from the USA to me in Cyprus, this was done at the courier depot in Nicosia.

2. Re: Is it better to ship gifts back to USA or Is it more costly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa