We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grecian Bay Hotel

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
Grecian Bay Hotel

Anyone stayed here recently and/or can recommend places to visit on foot from the hotel inc restaurants, bars and attractions.

thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,994 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

There's a lot very recent reviews on TA including Oct, Sept & Aug which would be worth checking out. To be honest the hotel is on a road predominantly populated with hotels and apartments. But your only a short walk into Ayia Napa.....15 mins max. You hit the roundabout and have the choice of turning left towards the harbour, straight on towards the museum and to the right which takes you on back streets to the Church & square.

Highly recommend you try Sage Restaurant in the museum street, excellent food along with the bar they own next door, Liquid, great for cocktails. Nice Italian across the road from Sage too.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

Hi, there is a nice taverna ,at the Moonshine ranch, go up the hill ,across from the hotel. I don,t think it opens in the evenings only daytime.Julie

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

I will try and check out those places you mention Miss Chief.

I gave the reviews a thorough reading before asking any questions and also checked out many thread here for tips and advice. I do like to take the pulse of the forums as part of my extensive research.

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

Cheers Julie. Making notes.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

Eat in Sage two weeks ago very overated in my opinion

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,994 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

Surprised at that Cherub.........Sage is ranked No. 1 in the reviews and I can understand why, maybe you caught them on an "off" night although I've never experienced that myself. The portions aren't huge like so many others on Napa but the quality is great along with the setting and the free starter and delicious desserts

Just remembered PurpleC the Italian is called Quadro

Edited: 11 October 2011, 20:37
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

miss chief thanks for the quadro recommendation. its a very pleasant place to eat dinner. cheers.

8. Re: Grecian Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa