We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

Hi. We are looking to get married in June 2014. We are thinking at the olympic lagoon as it is all inclusive. We did also look at nissi beach which looks stunning but is not all inclusive. So...

1. Which is the nicer venue for a wedding?

2. Is Olympic lagoon weddings private as I know they are on the complex so I worry it will be next to the pool so will be noisy and not very romantic.

3.how far away are the hotels from ayia napa?

4. As it is a small wedding (about 10 of us) what reception options do we have as for the Olympic I think the minimum number is 30 guests.

5. I read that if we don't have our reception at the Olympic they charge us €300 anyway.

Please anyone who has been married in either these resorts please let me know what it was like etc and which resort you prefer.

Also are there any other all inclusive resorts that do weddings in the napa/nissi beach area.

Thanks in advance. :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

You can see in the forum there's 100s of past posts about weddings at both, 2 just above yours :o)

You should read those as most of your questions will be answered there. also have a look at both hotels websites as they have a lot of info about their weddings etc. www.kanikahotels.com/article.php?id=47 & www.nissi-beach.com/article.php?id=18

Many hotels do weddings so your best bet would be to pop into a travel agents and pick some brochures up as they list them all in the specific wedding brochures they have

Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

Believe me, I've been in the travel agents and all the hotel websites and google earth for locations as I am that sad! Olympic lagoon is a bit far out but all inc so would be cheaper. Bur nissi beach is gorgeous but only fullboard. I have emailed both hotels and Thomas cook and only nissi beach has got in contact and been very helpful. I'm just worried as it's half board that costs will mount up.

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
2,890 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

Have you looked at the websites ? Email the hotels. The Olympic Lagoon has added a new more private wedding area within the grounds when it had a huge refurb last year. The list is very long on hotels that do weddings in the area, a lot of them do AI. Distance wise into Napa centre from both hotels needs a bus or taxi & the distance between them is walkable.

It's a personal choice I guess and if your planning on spending most of your time in the hotel then I guess AI might be cheaper. The Adams Beach Hotel and the Aeneas Hotel or Atlantica Sungarden all do AI & weddings or try the Dome Beach, just had a huge refurb this winter, do weddings and AI

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
2,890 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Adams Beach Hotel
Adams Beach Hotel
1,917 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Dome Beach Hotel & Resort
Dome Beach Hotel & Resort
1,350 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
east sussex
Level Contributor
527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

hi buzzybee my daughter got married at nissi beach 3 years ago in june and it was amazing. we had canopies and chanpagne arfter wedding then a lovely reception at the rondervell in the evening with a disco ,there was 30 of us. my son is looking to get married in cyprus next year and we looking at olympic beach as its ai because price adds up b ut not sure if the evening venue is as lovely as the rondervell? it did work out a lot more than origonilly planed but so worth it.this time with my son if the venue for evening reception nice we will go with that as we spent loads at nissi beach as we were bed and breakfast. hope this helps a bit and we also need to sort wedding next year out !!!!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

we stayed at olympic lagoon .its a lovely hotel ,my son got married at the garden of eden restaurant just along the road from the hotel.it was a lovely venue and jackie the wedding organisor was fantastic.as lovely as the hotel is.thereare about 4 weddings a day .a bit like a conveyor belt.

Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

I read that. I am worried that that amount of weddings each day makes it less personal. I did check out the garden of Eden and it looks lovely. Was there a big group of you as there will only be 10 of us.

Mentioned in this post
The Garden of Eden Restaurant
The Garden of Eden...
486 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

yes there was 46 of us but im sure if u speak to jackie she will advise you as to what they can do for you even though you are a small party .nothing is to much trouble for her .

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

i get married at nissi beach in sept, the hotel have been great so far.

my friend has just came back from his brothers wedding at olympic lagoon and said it was fantastic!

Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

I would like nissi bay as if I'm right, you get married overlooking the sea? And nissi bay is meant to be lovely. But Olympic is all inclusive so cheaper.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding. Olympic lagoon or nissi beach resort?

I work for co-operative travel and have recently returned from a work break in Cyprus and visited both these hotels amongst others. the Olympic lagoon is fantastic, everything about it is fantastic you get your own area for wedding and reception and its not that far out from everything plus the food is great. On the other hand the setting at nissi beach overlooking the sea is beautiful however when we were there there seemed to be 2 brides within the same area after getting married, in my opinion this wouldn't be what i would want. Infact my partner and i are looking at the Olympic lagoon to get married at next year, everything about it is amazing ( there would only be 8 of us and advised when there this is no problem just a bit more intimate. hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
2,890 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa