We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Glasgow
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi

Myself and my Fiance are thinking of getting married in Cyprus in July 2013. I would be really interested in hearing from anyone who has done this already or are thinking of doing this.

We have initially spoken to Thomsons and they have given us some ideas/options. Intially we liked the look of Paphos with the wedding in the town hall at Peyia. But if anyone has any ideas for the reception I would really like to hear about them.

Thanks in advance! :)

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi Mel

Paphos would be your better option as Paphos have 3 different town halls but as you have stated Peyia is a really nice location. Paphos would also be far more interesting to all your party as it has everything for each age group and not just beaches like Ayia Napa and Protaras.

Kev

Glasgow
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi Kev

Thanks for your response - it is much appreciated.

Do you know of or can you recommend any Tavernas in the Paphos area who would provide a meal after the wedding? Or do you know of a venue that could offer a BBQ close to the harbour/beach?

Thanks again

Mel

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi Mel

There are so many places that do that I think all of them, but depends on your budget and likes/dislikes of food some prefer Meze others continental. There are 7 restaurants in the harbour area itself and to be honest I try not to recommend because if you don't like it then you remember it was me that suggested it

Kev

Derby
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi,

I can't really help with Paphos info but just thought id say that we got married in Protaras 6 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made, Cyprus is a beautiful place to get married and it's an excellent excuse to go bk every year!

Only thing I'd say to beware of which may seem obvious but July will be really hot! Our wedding was the beginning of June and it was 34 degrees on the day so chose a lightweight dress, I don't mind the heat at all but it's something to think about.

Hope you have a wonderful day

Poppy x

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

Hi,

We've booked a yacht wedding through Exclusive Yacht Weddings. Something different and worth a look at their website!!

salford
Level Contributor
207 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

hi,

we married in ayia napa town hall and had our photos done inside the monastery in 2002.

we are going back in august to renew our 10yr wedding vows.

we had a brilliant day and night and we booked it throught thomas cook,which do church weddings in the area which look really good.

we stayed in protaras which is a wonderful family resort,hope this helps?

7. Re: Cyprus Wedding - Advice and Ideas Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:41
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa