We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Turkish Side

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Turkish Side

Hi People

I was wondering if you could help please. myself and a friend will be going to Ayia Napa towards the end of June. I would really love to visit the Turkish side. I was wondering if anyone has been?? what kind of sites could we go see? would we have any border issues??

thanks very much

ash

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Turkish Side

Yep been over many times , very simple , turn up at a crossing ( with passport ) get given a visa ( just a piece of paper with a stamp on it -- Dont lose it ! ) over you go . You can go over in Nicosia at the Ledra St crossing at just wander around ( follow the green line on the road / pavement ) There are even guided tours if you want ..

Or go over for longer and visit the north coast ..Lots to see ( best buy a guide book ) ..

ps : there is a crossing near Ayia Napa ..

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Turkish Side

Thanks so much!!! :-) that actually really helps. Someone at my work was just telling me apparently they are a nightmare on the Border on the Turkish side, which i did not believe hence why i had to ask!

thanks so much

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Turkish Side

Its very easy to cross and it is very different to the RoC.

The Red Bus tour does a day trip to Famagusta and picks up in Ayia Napa. If you google Red Bus Cyprus you will see all the details. Well worth doing. They attend to all the passport formalities, drop you in Famagusta for a look round, shopping and lunch if you want and then take you to view the deserted town of Varosha from the beautiful Palm Beach.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Turkish Side

If you get as far as Kirenia a visit the St Helerion castle is a real must , Its a hell of a climb ( probly wouldnt do it in the heat of the day ) but the view is staggering ..

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Turkish Side

You will find 1/2 day tours from Napa to the north,u visit Famagusta/Salamis/Bellapas and Kyrenia and as some other people have said you can cross on foot from Ledra Street,Nicosia but that is only if you want to go shopping for fake designer clothes

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Turkish Side

From Ayia Napa the crossing is at Deryenia this takes you to Famagusta (Ammochostos) from there head to the walled city lots to see and do.

Kev

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
940 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Turkish Side

Ive booked in for the Red Bus Tour to Famagusta in August.

I know that it states that you do not need to take Lira as they accept all coins, but i have Lira left over from last years holiday to Turkey. Is it worth taking?

Thanks.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Turkish Side

As said the Ledra St crossing is handy if you happen to be in Nicosia , There is quite a bit to see just wandering around ( you dont have to buy any fake stuff , i have never bought anything ) , But sure if you want to go for a longer visit take a tour , less hassle ..........

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Turkish Side

Thank you so much everyone!!

Your info has been a great deal of help!

ciao

10. Re: The Turkish Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:41
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa