We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Hi all, has anyone been on the Black pearl trip this year? (the black pirate ship) Is it worth the Money? It will be just me and hubby (we are leaving the kids @ grandparents, so we can have a week away alone.. woohoo)

If not, what other boat trip would you advise?

(we are not into Boat parties..lol, well im not im sure hubby would love it... haha)

Thanks in advance x

Jen

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
277 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Hi,

I haven't done the Black Pearl, so can't comment on that, but if you go down to the harbour, there are lots of boat cruises.

In my opinion, the best one by far is the Aphrodite II. It's a fab cruise to Famagusta and back, with swimming stops along the way and a commentary when there's anything interesting to see.

You can book lunch on board (and if you don't, you'll wish you did when you smell it!) which is pretty basic, but tasty. It's usually hot chicken and potatoes, with salad and bread, followed by watermelon.

You can buy drinks on board, but in the four or five times I've been, I don't think I've ever seen anyone get drunk. It's way more civilised than the party boats!

Last year, we got there way earlier than we needed to, but being first on board meant we got a great spot on the sun deck. There's also plenty of shade downstairs.

I quite fancied doing the Black Pearl last year, but for some reason seemed invisible to the ticket sellers! Wasn't too offended until I saw them approaching a couple of pensioners! :o(

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Captain Panikos from Protaras at the Nissiotis jetty €10.00 for 2 1/2 hours hard to beat

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Paul .... that sounds like a great offer!! I have been told you should check all the cruises out and haggle if you can!?? would that be right??

@ Vicky .... how much was Aphrodite II?? also how much is lunch in addition to that?? all in all how long is that boat ride??

sorry for all the questions!! :-/

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
277 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

I think last year it was 20 Euros for the trip and an extra 5 for lunch. It was about six hours, I think, so well worth it in my opinion.

I've been to Cyprus five times now and have done this trip every time!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

We heard a lot about those black pearl mini cruises,most of them were good comments..never did used them though

South East England
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

We went on a cheap boat trip last year 10 euros each & 5 for the kids. I think it was called the Dolphin Submarine - it was fab as its a glass bottomed boat & the downstairs part was fully air conditioned & in mid Aug it was worth the £££ for that alone!! The coolest place in Protaras

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

We went on a short boat trip last year from Ayia Napa harbour, only cost 4e, which was nice just to get out on the sea,

Just wondered if anyone had been on Black Pearl and if it's worth the E really.

The long boat trip with Lunch does sound nice though :)

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Hey. The Black Pearl is worth the money. It's one of my favourite trips when in Cyprus. Been on it quite a few times now. There is lots of stuff for the kids to do and there is also information about the island for the adults. You get a roast chicken dinner included in the price. There is a Captain Jack Sparrow and a Davey Jones for the entertainment factor. This is a 10/10 trip!!!!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Great to hear...........even if it's on a thread 12 months old ! :)

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Black Pearl, Is it worth the Price?

Its a great shame the submarine dosnt run ( sink ) anymore from Larnaca , That was epic ..

( Sorry i do realise its no help ) .......

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa