We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm charges

Scotland, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
atm charges

hi all . my son and a few mates are visiting soon.

can someone please tell me if the atm,s out there will charge for withdrawels on a preloaded euro cashcard as sold by caxton and the post office ? cheers

any other vital tips would be welcome

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atm charges

I don`t know about the post office card but the Caxtonfx euro card make NO charge for withdrawing euros from an ATM or paying a restaurant or hotel bill.

There is a charge for withdrawing £ sterling as the euros have to be reconverted.

The Caxtonfx card is free .

I have used one for a couple of years and found them excellent and reliable.

Graham

Scotland, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: atm charges

thanks graham. but ,do the atm operators levy any charge on the caxton card.?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,982 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: atm charges

Ive got a cashpassport card from tesco and have used it for the last 3 years i just load it with euros before i go and there is definately no charghes whatsoever only thing is when you have used them theyve gone its not a credit card i was charged 8 pound using a tesci visa card in protaras last year that was for withdrawing 300 euros what a rip off

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: atm charges

Cyprus bank ATM's don't charge fees for using them

5. Re: atm charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:40
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa