We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Ayia Napa

Bridgwater, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Excursions from Ayia Napa

Staying in Tasia Maris Gardens from next sunday anyone can recommend excursions from Ayia Napa...im thinking about glass bottom boat maybe some boat trips around island??...

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
292 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

If you go down to the harbour, there are quite a few boat trips. Head for the little stalls and look for the Aphrodite II.

I've been to Ayia Napa about six times now and I go on this trip every time. I think last year it was 25 Euros each, including lunch, and it's a whole day trip to Famagusta and back.

There are several stops for swimming, and the captain gives you a commentary when there's anything interesting to see.

While you're sailing, you can sunbathe on the top deck or sit in the shade downstairs.

It's an absolute favourite trip of mine and I wouldn't miss it when I'm in Ayia Napa.

I think they go every day, but I'm not too sure.

Another one that's worthwhile is the 5 Euro glass bottom boat. All you'll see looking down is algae, but it's a nice trip and lasts a few hours.

It goes the other way down the coast, too, so it's a bit of a change.

Have a lovely time! I'm very jealous!

Bridgwater, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

which boat trip i should use to see Cape Greco caves or maybe i can walk there to have better view? I cant wait one more week !!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

As suggested above go down to the harbour and you have a choice of boats to choose from. This year we went on Captain Marko boat and was a fab trip...cost €20 and that included a lovely lunch. The boat went up to Cape Greco and also very close to the caves there was a swimming stop there so you could swim into the caves. The boat also goes up as far as the 'Green Line' where you can view over into the occupied area.

Have a fab holiday.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
292 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

The Aphrodite II goes past Cape Greco.

I'm not sure which caves it is, but very soon after setting off, the boat goes right up close to some sea caves and you get a spectacular view!

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
292 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

Yes, as Linzi says above, the Captain Marko's a good trip too.

I've done both and I prefer the Aphrodite II, but that's just a personal opinion. I think it's probably the staff that made the difference for me, as they both do the same route.

Both are a really nice day out and you'll have a fab time whichever you choose!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
989 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

There are loads of boat trips from Protaras that go to Cape Greko.

I got the bus to Protaras then walked down to the jetty. Paid 10 euro for around 2 and a half hours including a drink as you board.

Well worth the money.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 16:28
7. Re: Excursions from Ayia Napa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations