We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

Chesterfield...
6 posts
Save Topic
Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

Hello we are booked to go to the Electra Holiday Village on the 19th June and some of the reviews are a little worrying, especially the last one. I have emailed the last person to leave a review asking when they went and not had a reply after a couple of days.

The holiday was chosen down to the location and the waterpark for my 11 and 5 years old. We have been to Cyprus 4 times before and stayed in both Ayia Napa and Protaras so was really looking forward to the Electra Holiday Village.

Any thoughts on if I should rebook for somewhere else or if it's not to bad afterall.

Many Thanks,

Steve

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

The op your referring to stayed there in June 2012 (the date stayed is on all reviews at the bottom of their review) I've got to say I'm always very, very sceptical of reviewers who join TA and place 1 review, no forum activity, no other reviews, nothing ! Call me cynical but I doubt you'll get a response from your msg to them...........which indicates its a vindictive post or a competitor or even an ex member of staff..........happens all the time on TA.

As with all TA listings you need to take an average of ALL the reviews. And the Electra scores higher on Excellent and very good points as oppose to the terrible, average & poor. Also worth remembering this place had a refurb when they put the waterpark in but prior to that it was popular with the 18-30 crowd due to how cheap it was before they updated it.

I guess you will have got a fairly good deal for the Electra and given they only recently jumped on the AI bandwagon they can take some time to get it right. Only you can decide whether you move or not but I'd wouldn't read too much into THAT review..............

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

I always look at at least 20 reviews and as mischief said the worst is always the one review and no activity. Enjoy your holiday

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

We are goin there in 3 weeks time have visited the complex as a relative was staying there about 4 years ago looked a nice place will write a review when i get back.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 20:47
Chesterfield...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

Thank you to everyone for your replies. I never did get a reply from the person that left the bad review. I'm still a little worried but am not going to look at changing hotels yet.

Lesly I hope you have a wonderful time and will look forward to hearing your review when you get back.

5. Re: Electra Holiday Village - Bad reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations