We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corralejo or Costa Calma

london
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Corralejo or Costa Calma

Hi,

We are hoping to go to Fuerteventura in early September and not sure whether to stay in Corralejo -which looks pretty developed - or Costa Calma in the south. We want beaches where we can strip off (so I guess both fit the bill), but enough to do at night for a fortnight's stay. What do you recommend? Can anyone suggest any good 4# hotels in either resort. Is weather good that time of year and not too windy?

Many thanks

Kinny Woman

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

Hi Kinnywoman,

I've been to Costa Calma and the beaches there are really great - beware though that it lives up to it's name of Calma, there is little nightclubbing or pubbing.

I've stayed in 2 good 4 star hotels H10 Tindaya and R2 Pajara Beach, both of which I would recommend if you like the All Inclusive style but definitely not if you want to be dancing on the tables at 1:00am.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

deffently corralejo if you want night life!! as its the most liveliest part of the island for bars,

if you want a very good 4star hotel go to the blue bay palace!!

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

I would certainly go with Corralejo. Plenty of beach space, restaurants, bars and shops. Its also got good transport links if you want to see other parts of the island - you could even get a ferry to Lanzarote from there.

london
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

Hi,

Now looking at the Jandia area, the Hotel Fuerteventura Princess Does anyone have any comments, thoughts etc. on this hotel and the nearby area?

Thanks

halifax england...
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

Hi Kinny

The FP is one of my favourite hotels it also has a dedicated naturist area and pool It situated outside the main resort area of Jandia about half hour walk along the beach or taxi or bus from hotel. Jandia and Costa Calma are both favoured by German tourists but there has been a lot of new developments and more Brits are now heading South.

swindon
Level Contributor
95 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

FP is a great hotel, and naturist area is very good - 2 large saunas, pool and lots of sun loungers. It is right on the beach, and naturist almost immediately.

However the hotel is one of 4 in an isolated area, and there is little to do at night unless you get a taxi to Jandia or Morro Jable. FP does have entertainment but it is very hit and miss.

7. Re: Corralejo or Costa Calma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:18