We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Niu

Brighton,UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Niu

Hi, There aren't many uptodate reviews of this hotel.Anyone been lately (last 6 months) ? We plan to go in aug/sept.It all looks fine apart from a couple of bad reviews regarding the bathrooms & showers being weak & water a bit cold which bothers me.Any advice from anyone been there recently would be great. (We have been to Cala San Vicente before so are fine on the place, just want advice on the hotel).

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Niu

I was in CSV on 3 occasions earlier this week.No hotels are open yet not even Don Pedro so nobody will have stayed at Niu in the last 6 months.It was closed for most if not all of last year but it is in an ideal location right on the beach.I have not read any hotel reviews as I am unlikely to stay there.I love CSV but it may be suffering from its isolation.Businesses closing no newcomers attracted and the AI at Don Pedro won't help local caterers.Having said that Bar Mallorca by Molins beach was very busy even so early season especially with cycling and trekking groups.They do a mean Pan amb Oli con Serrano or 3 cheeses.What they call Roquefort we know as Danish Blue.There is a big difference.

If you can stand basic then Niu should be better and much cheaper than Don Pedro or Grupotel Molins.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Niu

I'm booked to go on 1st May until the 5th. Will let you know how it was when i get back.

Brighton,UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Niu

great thanks, look forward to it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Niu

Got back last week. The hotel is in a great position, right on the beach and the rooms are decorated really nicely. It has lovely terraces where you can sit out for breakfast/cocktails etc and enjoy the view.It was cleaned very well every day. As you mentioned in original post the water is not hot, its tepid. Although this was a problem for me in May I can't see it being a problem at the time of year you are going. I did complain about it a couple of times but to no avail,its obviously an ongoing problem for them. The breakfast was lovely and the restaurant very nice in the evenings. If you want to know anything else, let me know.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Niu

mantravel how busy was CSV when you were there? Were the other hotels open including the Don (right close to Niu where you were) and the Grupotel Molins? I ask because from what I see on my twice a year visits the resort seems to be in decline and that is sad.It is a chill out resort and it is remote but it saddens me to see so many empty shops and places closing down.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Niu

Wirralscouse CSV was very quiet. The Don Pedro was open , Molins sorry don't know it. Never been to CSV before so I cant compare it . The scenery in this area is stunning as you well know but this wasnt enough to make me want to go back. Like you say it is a chill out resort which is exactly what I wanted but I have to say that the 3 days i spent there was enough for me. I found the selection of restaurants to be very few. It could do with a few more nice restaurants and a couple of bars , but like you say if it is in decline this won't happen. All in all this was a nice hotel in a good location but I won't be going back because it was just too quiet and it just seems to be lacking something.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Niu

Fair comments.Thanks for the feedback.

uk
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Niu

Just returned from Csv after 4 days at hotel Csv... We've been going since 2003 and apart from the simar closing up, haven't really noticed much of a decline... Indeed this visit we noticed a couple of bars reopened in the region of the bus stop to PP.... Also hotel moralleja has reopened... The village was quiet but really no change there... Quick update on the state of play.... Don pedro open and relatively busy.. Molins open but slow.. Niu open but quiet.... Restaurant cala barques, c'al patro, modesta, pepes, vorimar, Irish pub (formally trotters) and bar Mallorca all open and relatively busy during day with visitors... Quiet at night... I would say pleasantly busy for this time of year and certain to pick up in high season... Hope this gives you some cause for optimism as a long time visitor to Csv like ourselves... Bobbydazzler

Edited: 29 May 2011, 19:11
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Niu

Thanks for the feedback Bobby.

North Queensferry...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Niu

When you're there, try out the Irish Bar. It's run by a great couple Sharon and Gordon. The entertainment is fantastic, Sharon is a professional singer back in Scotland and her gigs in the bar cater for all tastes (she does a fair bit of comedy too). I cant quite remember the exact location but I'm sure someone will know if you ask around. Enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Cala San Vincente
More Cala San Vincente Topics