We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

england
Level Contributor
40 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? This hotel Hi! Simar has no reviews which I thought was strange. Has anyone been there Or does anyone know anything about it? I would appreciate any information Many thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,221 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

I stayed at the Simar hotel twice but it was several years ago so I am not sure if things are the same now.

The hotel rooms were very nice , very clean and had daily maid service,

The only detrimental thing I remember is that in one of the rooms I had the bathroom had a strange layout and it was impossible for a tall person , ie me , to sit on the loo because of insufficient legroom !!

The hotel was in two parts with one part , containing the bar and restaurant , was across a narrow road.

The food was very excellent and I enjoyed both stays.

The last time I went to Cala San Vincente the simar hotel was closed down , Don`t know what is happening now

These are just my personal opinions, As you know there are always some people who disagree.

Graham

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Hotel Simar has been closed for many years.Still is.I love Cala San Vicente but because it is so remote I fear it is a resort in decline.Hotel Don Pedro being AI is still dominant and Grupotel Molins on the other beach has staggering views of the sea cliffs and beach cove.And good TA reviews.Good place to chill for a week but a fortnight I suspect would drive you crazy if you didn't have a car..

Newcastle
Level Contributor
628 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Yep still closed looking sorry for itself, Don Pedro using part of a wing as a overflow, the resort needs heavy investment to bring the tourists back

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,066 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Mmmm, I agree; on our occasional day trips to CSV (when we stay in Puerto Pollensa) we've noticed that in general CVS is looking increasingly 'tired' as the years pass. So we've now stopped calling in there.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 17:44
england
Level Contributor
40 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

many thanks folks, I appreciate your time and comments.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

The Simar has been closed for six or more years but I noticed about a month ago that it had re-appeared on the Thomas Cook Holidays website and is taking bookings for the summer season.

As you said, it is on Trip Advisor with no reviews at the moment, presumably as all of the old reviews would be out of date now.

I'm going to the Don Pedro again in June so it will be interesting to see how they have renovated it as it was really looking derelict last year.

england
Level Contributor
40 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Thanks so much. It is on Jet 2 as well as Thomas Cook.Appreciate the time taken and would appreciate an update when you come back.

notts
Level Contributor
239 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

We went in 2008 and stayed at Don Pedro and also went to the Simar for a meal and drinks had a great time at both hotels, hope the resort picks up this season

Newcastle
Level Contributor
628 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

looks like it is opening again as it is now back on the parent website www.hihotels.net/es/hotels/15-simar-hotel

plus its A/I lets hope it has had a good clean up!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi!Simar hotel Cala San Vicente

Thanks for the news.A pleasant surprise and has to be good news for Cala San Vicente.Will be interesting to hear in the season how the Simar All Inclusive compares with Don Pedro (next door) All Inclusive.

Get answers to your questions about Cala San Vincente
More Cala San Vincente Topics