We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British bars in Roses

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
British bars in Roses

Hello,

We are going on holiday to Roses next month, and were wondering if there are any British sports bars where we can watch the football? We are staying at the Mediterraneo Park Hotel.

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British bars in Roses

There are no British or Irish bars in Roses. Empuriabrava has quite a few resident British so there may be something there and it is not far from your hotel, though not walking distance.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: British bars in Roses

Thank you for your reply. We have found a bar called the Britannia in Empuriabrava. Is there a bus service between Roses and Empuriabrava?

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British bars in Roses

Check the Sarfa schedule for the specific dates you will be visiting. The schedule will change very soon as the summer season ends, and there will be fewer buses. The buses between Roses and Figueres always stop at what is called Empuriabrava Cruilla but that is just a stop along the highway where the street to Empuriabrava turns off. It is probably 3-4 km to the beachfront where most of the bars are located. A couple of times per day the bus diverts from the highway and goes into the center.

I have heard lots of English spoken at a place called the Kiwi Bar too so you might ask in there.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: British bars in Roses

I was in ROSES in August 2012 and I also did not see a British bar or pub.

I saw a lot of French tourists in ROSES and TV from the "Tour de France".

I saw no british football anywhere.

5. Re: British bars in Roses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Roses