We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else going this summer?

Which Roses hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else going this summer?

Anyone else going in the summer? Looking forward to 3 weeks in August!!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Yes Wendy, my wife, two teenage boys and myself are going for 16 days in July, with my parents joining us for a week at the end of the holiday. Looking forward to it, we have not been to this part of Catalunya as a family, although I used to go to Malgrat as a kid, mana many years ago! Any hints?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Hi. You will love it! The beach is lovely and has two sets of football goals on it. (I mentioned that as you said you had 2 teenage boys!!) Our son (16) loves the games on the beach!! It is relaxed place and attracts more Spanish and French holiday makers. Lovely promenade to walk along in the evenings. There are lots of 'looky looky' men selling bags, football shirts etc. There is no hassle from them. Lots of nice restaurants along the front with the usual foods. Have a great time!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Thanks!

london
Level Contributor
172 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Hi - we're also going to Roses for the 1st time this summer , 10-14 Aug , 2 of us in our 50s. Think we've chosen a good week as seems to be a festival on? We're spending the weekend in Barcelona , then driving to Roses , and want to explore as much as we can of the area , told its very beautiful . Don't think we'll be playing football on the beach , but like it when there are lots of things going on , don't mind the looky looky men as long as they are polite when we say no. Can't wait. Cheers

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Never seen so many people in this forum!!! Hope you enjoy Roses kevwest! it is a laid back resort and great for chilling out. Who knows...we may spot you in one of the football matches!! have fun!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Do you recommend anywhere to eat Wendy, we like Catalan, Spanish food and we all speak some Spanish and a little Catalan?

Edited: 15 June 2014, 21:38
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Hi Mark

Sorry, but i am not the best person to ask about food! Me and my husband are both vegetarian, so a lot of Spanish food is not suitable for us! Tend to eat a lot of salads and the odd omelette! However, there are lots of restaurants along the front and they are always busy, as well as in the town. Sorry I am nnot more help!

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Hiya,

We have 6 of us, 3 couples ish going in September. This will be our 3rd time in Roses, have loved it every time. we drive down from Calais through France, it's a lovely drive.

Hope everyone else has a great time!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

Hiya gaznjule. We do the same drive when we go. Love it too. Small world! i am from Spalding, but live in Deeping now!! have fun!!

10. Re: Anyone else going this summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Roses