We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
607 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

We will be finishing up our Israel/Jordan trip with 1 night available to spend at a Dead Sea resort, in Amman, or something that is in decent proximity to the airport for our late morning flight home. If staying in Amman, we would like to walk to cultural sites or dining and not sure where to be located. We are planning a stop at the Dead Sea but wondered if the high prices warranted an overnight stay. Please give your input so that we can end our trip on a memorable note.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

You might consider staying overnight in Madaba and seeing some of the sites around there - Mt. Nebo, the mosaics, etc. That is how I am planning my trip, my last two nights are in Madaba which is fairly close to the airport.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
607 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

That is a good suggestion and not even on our list. Any other input from others?

Petra
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

Madaba is definitely a good option, it has some nice sites to visit and it's close to the Dead Sea if you want to spend some time there as well. You can have dinner at the famous Haret Jdoudna Restaurant. Have a great time !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,856 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

kabahr

stay at Dead Sea resort still very cheap rates under 150 jod/night B&B

but dnt miss out on visiting amman

Citadel mountain.Roman theater,famous Rainbow street and down town amman the jewel of Amman.stroll in the old markets Gold souq,sugar souq,spices souq and of course local cafes,restaurant,popular eateries like Hahsem and Habiba sweets.art galleries and more

I loved the place I made it a home after living in Australia for 44 years

there are good budget hotels in downtown .check the tripadvisor lost of hotels

Drive to airport takes 45 minutes/

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Edited: 09 May 2014, 07:28
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
607 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

Hi...I don't want a budget hotel for my last night--but location is important. If we do Amman, I am not sure where we should stay to be near the souqs, citidel, etc. There are beautiful resorts at the Dead Sea but what else is there to do after swimming? We normally don't like hotel dining and prefer small, local cafes. Any more thoughts?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,856 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

We normally don't like hotel dining and prefer small, local cafes. Any more thoughts?

at 5 star resorts at Dead usually that is it when it comes to dinning.There are no restaurants near by.

Stay near to downtown Amman ?

stay at 5 star Intercontinental hotel right at second circle 200 m( five minutes walk) from Rainbow street. downtown and jebal amman.

thee are hundreds of family type restaurants with the best Jordan has to offer.

last night/day could be the highlight of your jordan visit

You will have great time in Amman

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

7. Re: Amman, Dead Sea or Elsewhere for Last Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2017, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Amman Governorate