We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco in mid August

calif
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Morocco in mid August

I will be traveling to morocco aug 16-20, 2012, can anyone recommend local tour for 3 days? Is it ok to visit at this time ? Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco in mid August

You could not have chosen a hotter period. If possible to time your visit to Morocco little later, it would be better.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco in mid August

Hi,

It's also going to be nearing the end of Ramadan at that time. I agree it may be better to change your plans if you can.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco in mid August

You don't say whereabouts in Morocco you plan to visit billsam, although have posted on a Marrakech forum. The Atlantic coast and the High Atlas mountains are cooler than say Fes or Marrakech for example.

calif
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco in mid August

Thanks for the warning. By the way, what are the places to visit in the Atlantic coast and in the high atlas mountains? I was told tangiers is nice. Where is tangiers located and what to expect there?

calif
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco in mid August

Thanks for the warning.

6. Re: Morocco in mid August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2012, 12:35
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morocco in mid August

billsam, I suggest you to buy one map, so you find where Tangier is located and buy even guidebook so you can read more about where to go and so.

And i am agree, better time to go is later than in August.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Morocco in mid August

I personally would not recommend Tanger as a holiday destination (it is on the Med and a busy industrial port) but others may disagree. Use the search box above to find out lots about the Atlantic coastal towns and villages (Essaouira is a certain favourite for travellers), and for places to visit in the High Atlas mountains look for Imlil, Ourika valley, Ouirgane, the cascades at Ouzoud and many other places besides.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Morocco in mid August

Pilobolus, I would like to ask you, how to go most easily by public transportation to Ouzoud? And, continue after that to Meknes? Thanks!

Edited: 17 June 2012, 12:43
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Morocco in mid August

I have never done this by public transport (even if this exists) but only by private car. Grand taxis ply the route from Azalil I am told, but there was a bus service from Beni Mellal. I assume (but in all honesty don't know for sure) that there may be service to Azrou via Khenifra, and hence to Meknes. You would need to check out the local bus schedules for this information. (Unless of course someone has tried this route recently!)

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech-Tensift-El...
More Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region Topics