We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight luxury camping experience

Perth
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
overnight luxury camping experience

wanting to spend an overnight luxury camping experience form Marrakesh and then back to Agadir.

We are 5 adults Any suggestions of tour companies to use ?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

ours came with the whole package of 12 nights...and it was luxurious...

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,474 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g304017-d338…

Are reviews of one company and there are many more if you click on the green things to do tab at the top of the page. Once you have looked at a few companies try sending a message via their profiles to a few reviewers of each company with questions specific to what you want from your visit. Most people will only have used one company one time so do try to contact a few different ones for contrast.

You can also type desert luxury or something similar into the search box above your post and see what comes up.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

shim,

wondering why you stress the fact that some people have only used one company..?? we are lucky that we got to adventure into the beautiful moroccan desert..ONE time. when we go back to morocco, we most likely won't go out for that adventure again..more to see in morocco...so one time for us was plenty and we had a fabulous time. don't think that the agency that we used, does just desert trips..they are included in the whole agenda.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

It depends on how luxurious you want your desert camp to be and how much you want to spend. Our luxury camp had private tents with flush toilets, sinks and showers in them as well as an enormous double bed and sitting area. It was perfect for us but not cheap.

Shimmin has already linked to the company we used but, as he rightly points out, I don't have anything to compare the experience to. Our tour was perfect for us but that doesn't necessarily mean other companies wouldn't suit you better as I don't know your budget or expectations.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

Just for clarity, can I add that the tour company we travelled with does not limit you to any specific camp. You can book their tour services but choose your own accommodation if you choose.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

Mels, did you end up finding a luxury tent? If so, would you mind sharing your experience?

I'm looking for one in Erg Chebbi, and so far the only ones I've found are Jaimas Madu and the Xaluca affiliated camp. Jaimas seems to be surrounded by only small dunes and the Xaluca camp had mixed reviews. I read about Assou and Les Nomades, but I got an email bounce back form Les Nomades saying that they are no longer in operation and I can't seem to find any info on Assou.

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

I'm going to Le Pause for Christmas. It sounds nice, but it's expensive

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

interesting!!!

9. Re: overnight luxury camping experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech-Tensift-El...
More Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region Topics