We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert trip

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Desert trip

Hi, my fiancé and I are planning a 5 night trip to Marrakech. I really want to go to the desert and experience riding a camel on beautiful san dunes, however I think we can only fit in a 1 night/ 2 day trip. I'm wondering if I should save the desert trip for another vacation to Marrakesh because I have heard that the 1 night trips are a waste. Is this true? Apparently the san dunes are small and it doesn't feel like your in the desert because we would only be at the edge. Should I wait to go on a desert trip that is longer, so we can go deeper into the desert in order to really experience the "desert experience"?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert trip

If you have only 5 nights in Marrakech then stay only there and around. Save the desert trip for one other time because it is far from Marrakech and for such trip you need at least 3-4 days but better more than that.

Otherwise if you want to have a little little taste of the desert and camel riding go to Agafay desert, it is near Marrakech approx 1 hour, but it is without sand dunes.

P.S. To do properly desert trip as it is possible to do in Morocco then I recommend you to rent a 4x4, go to Erg Chebbi and from there right over, along the border to Algeria go to Erg Chigaga. For such trip you need more than 10 days.

Edited: 01 May 2014, 09:54
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert trip

Awesome- thank you!

3. Re: Desert trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech-Tensift-El...
More Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region Topics