We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation near Bramshill police college

I am looking for an apartment on hire near bramshill police college or a hotel room nearby where my family can stay

10 replies to this topic
Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

How long for, and what exactly do you want ?

Bramshill is out in the country two or three miles from the nearest small town which is Eversley. It's pretty isolated public transport wise as well.

You might be looking at Reading or Wokingham to be near somewhere to keep your family happy and occupied during the day.

Students at Bramshill live in and they have an estate of houses there as well. Don't they cater for your sort of situation?

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

I am looking at a fortnight during last week of June and first week of July. There are a couple of families who are similarly placed. Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

I agree with oxford71 you need to be looking at Reading or Wokingham or perhaps Basingstoke so your family has something to do in their vicinity, could also take daytrips to places of interest, you'll have to commute.

Its not really an area with a lot of short term apartments though. Why will your family be there? For sightseeing? Have you considered they stay in London, you stay Bramshill, see them at the weekend?

Will you have transport? Can anyone drive?

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Thanks for the tips but when i refer to my family, it is two kids, who can't be left during the week. So need something where I can get back to every night. I will not have my own transport.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

"....when i refer to my family, it is two kids, who can't be left during the week".

If you can can you explain please, how old are they and why can't they be left during the week. It makes it sound as if they are quite young, in which case I would say you have a major problem.

This company run an hourly service into Reading

carlberry.co.uk/op/Countywide_Travel_Basings… although I couldn't find a timetable.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

when i refer to my family, it is two kids, who can't be left during the week. So need something where I can get back to every night. I will not have my own transport.

===========

So I'm guessing you have maybe younger teenagers who can be left in the day but you don't want to leave them at night? I think you'd be better advised to leave them at home, and arrange care for them locally to you.

Unless you are paying for taxis, you really are going to need your own transport, because getting to the college will be problematic from say Reading or Wokingham (nearest major places where there might be accommodation) , local buses are minimal.

Are you planning to leave the kids alone all day in a house or hotel with nowhere they can go to? Is there perhaps a summer camp in your locality you can send them on if you dont have local child care you can arrange? You'd save two air fares you could do that.

Edited: 15 May 2012, 10:26
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Summer camp would have been a great idea, except the UK schools' do not end until mid-late July. Unless you can find (by lucky fluke) a private school in the vicinity operating a summer scheme.

What ages are your children?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Are the other families also looking for accommodation? Will everyone be helping each other out with childcare?

Wokingham/Reading/Basingstoke are best in terms of having things for your children to do, and for getting about places, but if you really are looking for somewhere close to Bramshill, I think I'd suggest Yateley (dunno how you'd get to the college though except by taxi!) since there is a #3 bus whereby they can get into Camberley for swimming / cinema / bowling / shops etc. It also stops in Blackwater where they/you can get a train to Reading or Guildford (and thence into London) plus Gatwick. Occasional buses into Fleet (train to London). But there isn't that much in Yateley itself. Well, ok, nothing bar places to eat, pubs and a park!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Summer camp would have been a great idea, except the UK schools' do not end until mid-late July

=========

I was thinking of a "summer" camp in India.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation near Bramshill police college

Have you enquired with the College itself ?

They have a long history of foreign students on courses there and I am quite sure yours is not the first time they have come across this problem. I would be very surprised if they can't help.

What is your Force in Hyderabad doing to help you ?

Reply to: Accomodation near Bramshill police college
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bramshill