We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Costs in Rincon

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food Costs in Rincon

How much could we expect to spend on food/drinks for a week's stay in Rincon (a range is fine)? Would like to have a few nice dinners but other than that, we just want good food and a pleasant atmosphere. I won't be drinking at all (pregnant) and my husband will surely have a few drinks/day. Breakfast need not be included in the cost as it will be provided at the hotel. What are some good options for lunch on the beach?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,226 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

Cost will be comperable to Indy. The fancier the place, the higher the costs. You can eat at McDonalds, BK, Subway or a cheap restraunt. $5-10 for lunch. $10-15 for dinner. A fancy place, how much do you want to spend. There are grocery stores for your day to day needs. Get your liquer, beer and soda there. Alcohol can be purchased just about anywhere. Don't have to find a liquer store like in Indy. I worked in Fishers for a half year, coming from Michigan, I found it unusual that I could not get liquer at the Wal-Mart. Ohio is the same way though. In PR you can get beer and coolers at the gas station. Pack a soft sided cooler or pick up a cheap one in Rincon. Fill it with Ice from the hotel. You could pick up some lunch meat and bread at the store for sandwiches. For dinner you can always pick up a bucket from KFC or Church's. Most of the hotels will have a bar and a place to eat. Some right on the beach. You will be fine. If you figure about 10% over Indy, you will be safe.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

Is food & water as safe as it is in the states?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,226 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

Yep, same regulations, USDA inspected food, EPA for water quality. You can drink straight from the tap or make cool-aid or Iced tea, no problems. Check your car insurance, you are likely covered. AAA and Progressive do for sure. You don't need to spend extra for the Insurance add on. Hospitals are top notch, your medical insurance will cover you there. Rio Padres is a first class university and teaching hospital. Heart surgery, transplants etc. US law, etc. Your as far out of the US as you can get without leaving. You have left the "states" but not the country. No customs or passport required. Just like getting off a plane in Orlando. Walk and get your bags, head to the rental car counter, hop on the shuttle and your off. On your return you will have to go through a USDA bag inspection, like Hawaii, they x-ray for plants etc and put a sticker on your checked bags. They are right inside the terminal doors. Also don't worry about travelers checks etc. You bank card is good at the ATM's and the store will take your Debit/Credit card. I did have an issue once with Bankone. They declined my hotel charge thinking it was fraud. I called them and everything worked out fine. If in doubt and you don't travel much, call your bank and let them know you will be there. You won't want to go back home.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

Be sure to search some prior food posts with regards to some of RIncon's great restaurants. Be advised, food costs in Puerto Rico are high, and if fast food is not your intersest be prepared for average dinner entre's to run between $14 - as high as $32, salads $6 -$12, Appetizers $6 - $12, burgers, fish sandwiches $8 -$12, desserts $6-$9, Villa Confressi, oceanfront, great fish dinner, fresh Mahi $18.95, includes salad and bread, Kaplash, funsunsets, indegenous foods like seafood empanadilla's, starting at $3. each, he Spot at the Black Eagle, excellent oceanfront dining, prices start at $18 and up, a glass of wine is usually $6 anad up, beers are cheapest, Calypso happy hour is great $2 Corona's, cheap rum punch, ocean front, great fish taco's saled, burgers $12 range, Harbor Restaurant, freash fish $20 and up,Tamboo ocean front $12 and up, Casa Islena, beautiful ocean front tapas menu starts at $9. Your luck your hotel covers breakfast, for lunch yo may want to check out the local bakeries, great sandwhiches on homebaked bread as cheap as $3, a nice change from subway! Some of our best restaurants are not ocean front, we love Shipwreck, Pool's Bar, Flamboyan, SMiling Joe's at Lazy Parot is excellent, Stop at Tres PAlmas and Club Bonnaccord as well, hopefully your hotel has a conciere that can help you, stop off and check out menu's, I remember how important good food was when I was pregnant! Have fun!

Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

For an incredible breakfast, the English Rose (Rosa Inglesa), $7=$10 for all you can eat, including omelettes, pancakes, homemade sausage, eggs benedict, etc., with an incredible view. The drive up there is a bit scary, just be careful. Enough food to get you thru to dinner.

6. Re: Food Costs in Rincon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:17