We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Rhinebeck NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Surfboard rental/Private lessons

IWe have one adult male and one 18yr old female beginner surfers in our party interesting in surfiing. Any recommended shop for renting surf boards in Rincon area? What might we expect to pay for weekly rental / daily rental? Also any advice contacts for finding private lessons? Or a combination of rental and lessons?

Thanks for your help.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

PLEASE, seek professional surf schools, and by all means if you are beginners don't go in on your own... check with Jake's at parking lot's right next to Casa Islena, and Rincon Surf & Board for qualified instructors.

Walker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Leaving Rincon today. It has been amazing. My girls took lessons from Melissa. She charges by the hour ($35 per person) and provides the boards. Her number is on posters all over and I think on this forum. I think it is 787--823-3618 from my caller ID. She was great!

K

NY, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Hi Maybeline-

I was in Rincon with four of my friends in February and had a great time. I highly recommend our instructor Ramse Morales. He's a top ranked surfer, but is also an excellent teacher and a super laid back guy. He provides the boards and brings you to beaches appropriate to your level. His rates are very reasonable; we paid $25/hr for five people. We only took one lesson though, so if you plan to have lessons for a whole week, I'm sure he'll give you a great deal.

http://surflessonspuertorico.blogspot.com/

That has his email and mobile number.

Ray

Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

If you make it to Luquillo to surf , I recommend that you contact Bob at East Island Surf Adventures. 787-435-1760 or safari@prtc.net

He is the owner of La Selva Surf Shop on Luquillo Beach . He and his lovely wife ( Sue ) also operate a great B & B in the rainforest called Sue's place. You can check out the pics and details of it on their site : www.rainforestrental.com 787-435-1532

To check out Surf conditions and the opinions of others worldwide , go to this site : www.wannasurf.com

Mentioned in this post
Luquillo
Luquillo
Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Melissa is great, life guard certified and great beginner long foam boards in addition to many others, I still urge you to go with a local surfer who know the breaks in Rincon, the reefs that lurk below, and the currents.

Rhinebeck NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Thanks everyone for your help.

Tres serenas, I have learned a lot from all of your posts and have a lot of your suggestions in my travel notes.

We will definitely be very cautious and surf with an experienced instructor only. We know it is not as easy as long time surfers make it look and will not take chances.

Rhinebeck NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

Sorry about misspelling TresSirenas!

8. Re: Surfboard rental/Private lessons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:23