We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Stay in Rincon

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to Stay in Rincon

I want to really cut loose and party, but I don't want to stay in a dive. My husband and I love live music and drinking. It seems like a lot of people are saying Lazy Parrot, but that seems out of the way (from the beach at least) and Villa Confresi. Any thoughts?

Also, what's the weather like in June?

cdh
illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

I've been to Puerto Rico more times than I can count & Rincon is my favorite spot. Call Eileen @ Casa Islena...you can't go wrong with that. They also have a guest house up the hill & the rates are usually lower . 2nd choice, Club Bon Accord.

The weather heats up in May, so by June it's hot,but not as bad as it

will be July & August.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

Villa Cofresi is a party hotel in the summer. Lost of locals and live music. The beach there is very good, and you'll be pretty close to other bars and restaurants.

Beside the Pointe might be other option for your kind of thavel.

http://www.rinconpr.com/

http://www.rincon-hangout.com/

cdh
illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

Beside the Pointe is fine if you don't mind the noise from the bar/restaurant on the ground level & the hostel style accomodations

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

If you love the party scene you may want to consider a winter visit to Rincon, when surf season is at it's peak, and there are many bars featuring live music, be sure to check Pool's Beach and Casa Verde which have a bar and restaurant as well,also in the Puntas area in addition to those accomodations you have already mentioned, in the summer months many restaurants and bars here close, or limit their openings to the weekend, you might find Villa Confressi then offers music and the best party scene when Rincon fills up with locals who prefer to enjoy the beach in the summer. Tamboo also stays open all year round, In season be sure to check out Calypso Bar as well.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

Casa Islena...

great choice for medium budget. if you want to blow a wad -THERE IS ABOSLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPARE TO THE HORNED DORSET -- snotty guests maybe, but the stafff is most excellent.

also on vrbo there is the place we stayed at ---- ocean paradise --- let me know if you want more info. small endless pool, 3 bedrooms (3 baths), just up from the beach scene and bars on the north side. location is THE best. (right next to casa verde and bottom's up - best bar in town) in my opinion. forget villa confresi and lazy parrot. not as much in the mix. rincon by the sea - is a better choice than those. villa cofressi is way overrated.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

if you want to stay near villa cofressi than ther is one choice -TresSirenas -- great rooms.

choose resort -- Horned Dorset - $$$$$$$$

south beach - TresSirenas

or north beach - casa islena - or ocean paradise. trust me on ocean paradise - if their villa is available.

btw - i would only return to rincon in jan or feb - was too hot in sept. and i would only stay in one of three or four places. lot of dives.

7. Re: Best Place to Stay in Rincon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations