We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time

long island
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1st time

Please advise ..family of 4..12 and 15 yr olds..where to stay on or near beach for surf..must be clean and with or near restaurant..what's your advice?? thannx

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time

It depends on what time of year you are going.

In the winter- Rincon area is tops for surf. That would be my choice.

There are a few beach hotels in Luquillo, where they have surf generally all year.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time

Duuhh! I just saw you posted under Rincon, so you already knew it is the best place.

As for places to stay, I can't help too much, I only have stayed at one place in Rincon and it was not a surfing locale.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time

Very Nice with a restaurant, oceanfront, surf beach your best choice would be Casa Islena, all the surf beaches are just a 5 minute drive from most accomodations, as are most restaurants etc... be sure to check www.rincon.org and www.rinconpr.com, both are excellent rincon websites with great descriptions of area beaches, and accomodations, then you can ask more specific questions with regards to a specific accomodation. I'm sure you will find RIncon a fantastic beach vacation, enjoy!

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time

We stayed at the Casa Verde in Rincon and it had a lot of surfers there. They have a bar and grill on site. It is locaed right across the road from the beach, a very easy walk. My husband rented a surfboard right down from where we were at on the beach and they rental guy gave him a few tips (since he had not surfed before and both he and my 14 year old daughter were able to get up.

Good luck!

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time

http://www.vrbo.com/63223

check it out, may have availability. great hosts. loved it. otherwise

cas isleana may be a touch above casa verde. but all three are where you want to be.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time

A warning to anyone considering renting a condo at Condo Corcega. The building was ok, but DON'T rent from the Drapers. Their units are falling apart. They are absentee owners, live in the States, and don't keep the units up. We had several problems ranging from no pans in the kitchen to a broken toilet and a sliding door that fell in making it impossible to lock our unit (first floor). Their response was that we could move. It was Easter week.

Again, the building was ok, somewhat lower end and old, but there were some nice units there.

7. Re: 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations