We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon beaches

Level Contributor
269 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon beaches

We are making our first trip to Rincon around Christmas this year. I'm trying to figure out the difference between all the Rincon beaches. Are some prettier than others? Are some better for swimming/snorkeling in the winter months? Is there paring at all the beaches (we may be staying a few minutes drive away)? Are some less crowded?

Thanks in advance!

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon beaches

The best way to explain it is that since Rincon is a corner sticking out in the ocean, you have the north side on the Atlantic and the south side on the Caribbean.

the Atlantic Beaches are the surfing beaches, Domes, Sandy, Tres Palmes, Maria's, etc. The surfing season is in the winter, and then the waves calm down.

The Caribbean side has Corcega beach and it is great for swimming. When we were there last month we stayed on Corcega beach and it was mostly calm, but some days were pretty windy and choppy, but swimmable and fun for kids I am sure.

The primo snorkeling spot is at the Tres Palmas Marine Reserve's Steps Beach. Apparently winter is often not calm enough at Steps to snorkel, but we has some great days there, and it is an amazing place. You can snorkel off Corcega too. What is paring? Parasailing? I saw it being done.

I doubt that any beaches are terribly crowded, and Corcega is very long and you can easily have many places to yourself, as you probably can with other beaches.

Check these web site, as they are great:

rincon.org

rinconpr.com

Martha

Level Contributor
269 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon beaches

Thanks, that's really helpful.May I ask where you stayed? We're looking for somewhere with an ocean view for 5 people.

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon beaches

We stayed at a condo which rents for the month only, as do all the condos at the Macor by the Sea.

Very near and right on the beach is Sol y Playa which has condos of the right size that are nice. A good web site of a local real estate office that handles rentals as well:

island-west.com

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rincon beaches

Christmas is a wonderful time to enjoy RIncon, but I advise to book now, as the oceanfront and oceanview accommodations are already filling fast. Martha reccommends 2 good websites, you can google oceanfront Rincon for great options and also see VRBO, as well as the Greatrentals site for several villa rental options.

5. Re: Rincon beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:20