We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

Durham, NC
3 posts
Save Topic
What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

For anyone who has been to Tres Sirenas, how's the swimming? Is the water that invitingly clear Caribbean blue so you can see the bottom, or is it somewhat darker and murkier, like maybe from surf or other causes?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
St. Pete, FL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

We just returned from Tres Sirenas, this is on the carribean side, so the water is calm, sandy bottom, unlike Puntas which has rocks, like lava, or coral formation, but equally beautiful beaches, it really depends on the weather as far as how clean the water is, when it rained it was murkey, however in the morning it was very clear, just a hundred feet out it was clear blue like a pool. The beaches are all sand, unlike the bahamas not white, I'm told beacause of the mountains and rivers.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

The water in front of our Inn tends to be very calm, and for the most part very clear. During a storm, things can get churned up a bit, making the water murkey. During the winter months we are the preferred "swimming" beach, in the summer, all the waters are calm around Rincon. ususally enjoying great weather in the morning, rain in the afternoons. This winter past we did experience unusual winter storms which did stir things up in February. Daily, many locals elderly including choose our beach for their morning swim ritual. I usualy swim out about 200 ft., and then get in a 1/2 mile! The majority of the beaches in Puerto Rico are yellow sand, giving the water a blueish-green tint, while the water is crystal clear, the azure blue, that is achieved with white sand from dead coral is not really what we have here. What we do have is great visibility, unbelieavable snorkeing, and what many have discovered to be a pretty great destination.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
San Juan, PR
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

Just got back from a few days in Rincon and stopped by Tres Sirenas to take a look... the guest house is beautiful and right on the beach... The water in Rincon is not the type of turq clear water that you'll find in Anguilla or Turks & Caicos - but it was very nice... I wouldn't call it murky at all... but depending on the sun, it can be lighter or darker... I didn't go swimming, but everyone in the water seemed to be having a great time... no surf at all on this section of Rincon...

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
New York
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

I'm planning a trip to Rincon and really like what I see as far as Tres Sirenas goes...my only concern is the surf? I get the impression that the exact beach the Inn is on is not one for surfing.

We did rent a car so we can explore, but I was wondering if there is a more "surfable" beach within walking distance near the Inn?

My boyfriend likes to just wake up and go while I am more lazy and would like to be able to lay around until he gets back from his first surf of the day. I figure if he could surf within walking distance we'd be best off.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the water like at Tres Sirenas?

If you have not rented a car, are young and prefer the surf beach try CasaVerde or Beside the Point, Club Bonnaccord or Casa Islena, you can walk to surf from any of those places. ALso up the hill you will find a few other options in Puntas, check out www.rincon.org

The surf breaks are about a 5 minute drive from Tres SIrenas, MAria's and Dome's being the best, these breaks ou must also drive to from Punta's or just hike to domes trail, with your board in tow, 10 minutes! Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Islena Inn
Casa Islena Inn
259 Reviews
Puerto Rico