We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

I land in San Juan on a very early Saturday morning and need to get to Rincon on the west coast. I have no rental car or vehicle. What are my options? Taxi, is there a bus or Publico running from the airport.

Any help would be appreciated.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

the easiest way to travel to Puerto Rico if your destination is Rincon is by a direct flight to the International Airport Rafael Hernández located in Aguadilla, but if you are arriving at San Juan instead then you need to find transportation to the western region. Taxi can be very expensive since it is hours long of traveling, public buses do not travel outside the metropolitan area of San Juan. There is a bus line called Mayaguezana that goes to Mayaguez but do not know their schedule or if they are working from San Juan.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

Hi Ducky77,

You may also Fly into the Mayaguez airport from San Juan on Cape Air: www.flycapeair.com Then you could have a Taxi drive you from the Mayaguez airport to Rincon:

For transportation:

AA-AnyTime,AnyPlace-Carlos(787)398-3621

Leave the driving to Me Taxi-Ivette(787)505-3468

Enjoy Rincon to the Fullest!!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

You can get a publico ride from San Juan to Rincon. Two years ago, it cost $130.00. Tourismo now regulates the drivers' fares. They will fill out a slip of paper showing you the fare and speak to thee driver if there are any communication problems. If you want to be sure that one is available, there are a few publico drivers who live in Rincon and will meet your flight. The one I always use is Ramon. His number is 787-823-5938. Or you can fly to Mayaguez for $60.oo on Cape Air. Rincon is only @ 20 miles from the airport.

ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

Many thanks for your assistance. Rincon was even more wonderful than we imagined. A "cheaper" form of public transportation between Rincon and San Juan would have helped, but we survived!

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
255 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

What form of transportation did you use to get there?

6. Re: San Juan airport to Rincon - How?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:15