We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon with 17 year old

Pennsburg, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon with 17 year old

Hi- We are planning a vacation with our 17 year old son this April. We thought Rincon might be a good place, he's a great swimmer and would like to try surfing. But he would also like to meet some people of his age so I was wondering if anyone knew of the best places to stay with a person of that age? we had a very dissapointing visit to Sanibel with teens a few years ago-the place is beautiful but nothing to do after sunset. So we're hoping for more liveliness.Thanks for any advice.

Rincon Paddle Boards
Equipment Hire, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Rincon Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Surf 787
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
PUERTO RICO
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Go to the Bo. Puntas area where there are a few good pubs and bars visited by people 16 to 60. You may stay at the Club Bon Accord, Beside the Pointe or Casa Isleña. At Puntas you may rent a surfing board or take surfing lessons, ride horses, swim an have a very good time. check the ::: travelandsports.com ; Rincon.org ; amigospuertorico.com - web sites for info on Rincon. You may also book tours to snorkeling and the biobay in lajas and the rio camuy cave park... a spectacular natural wonder.

I recommend you to go through the Aguadilla's airport (BQN) just about 40 minutes from rincon; San juan Airport (SJU) is about 2.5-3 hrs away. Jet Blue and Continental are flying fron jfk and newark. For transportation from aiport to hotel email porta del sol tours at ecosoles@hotmail.com

Hope you enjoy your visit to my beautiful island of Puerto Rico.

Middle Island, Long...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Love Sanibel,but Rincon is for teenagers(as well as us old folk) He will love it!Definately stay in Puntas. We just stayed at Bon Accord.Nice, beach is right there. He is gonnna love it!

Pennsburg, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Thanks so much for your suggestions! We were thinking of staying at Villa Cofresi because someone posted that they liked the place but it was too loud because of all the teens up late. Any thoughts on Villa Cofresi? Thanks again.

Middle Island, Long...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Villa Confresi is one our favorite hang outs.Great food.It is about a 5 minute drive back to Puntas, where all the surfers hang.Villa Confresi has a good nightlife, but I feel it is not really teens or young people. It is more a middle aged touristy crowd,which is good for me.Next year we are looking to stay at Casa Islena Inn,right on a popular surfing beach,Sandy Beach. Good Luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

villa cofresi is a good choice.ask for a room in older sectoin as the rooms and balconies are bigger.also it can be very loud at nite in the area over looking the pool and bar.if memory serves me they have a good continetal breakfast.please note you ll need a car.there is plenty to do in RINCON. just ask around when you get there.happy vacation!!!!!!!!!

good luck,

doda

Pennsburg, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Thanks again for the advice. I did notice a lot of condos for rent on corcega beach. Is this beach too far away from activity at night for a teen? Is it really better to stay at a resort type of place for them to meet new people? Any input is greatl appreciated. It's way too cold here in PA.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

hi skyisland,

do you have a car rented for this trip?

if you do there are several guesthouses in VILLA COFESI area i can recommend. if not i think VILLA COFRESI is your best choice.you can contact me at msdoda@sbcglobal.net

good luck,

doda

Pennsburg, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

Hi all- Thanks for your advice. We will definately rent a car. I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on Beside the Pointe as a place to stay. Their website looks VERY party oriented, so I thought it might be a bit noisy? Or only for the twenty something set. Opinions? Thanks again.

Middle Island, Long...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

It is a very cool place to hang out, in a perfect beach location, to listen to bands and have a good meal,however I am sure if you do a trip advisor search for advice about the rooms, you could find out more.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rincon with 17 year old

i think a 17 yr old would have an amazing time there,it is a young surfing crowd. i dont know anything about the rooms. hope all of you have a great time.

happy vacation,

doda