We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

Hello There! My family and I will be staying in Rincon staring Jan 3rd-8. We're really looking forward to it.

We'll have my 2.5 year old (very active) boy and my sister's 1.5 year old girl.

Are there any activities you'd recommend for young children? Anything I should know about Rincon?

We are staying in a house. Where should we do our grocery shopping? Any good places we must eat?

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

The Mayaguez Zoo, is about a 25 minute drive from Rincon, Great for children And adults. Have a look at:

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/mayaguez-zoo/

There are Many water spors for All ages, even surfing leasons, horse back ridding, body surfing, sand castles in the wet sand-sooo fun!!

I would recomend doing your grocery shopping at Edwards Food Mart in the Rincon Shopping Center. This is a "New" grocery store on RT.115 in the South part of town, across from the Texco gas station.For eatting, there are so many resturants to choose from: German, Thai, Mexcan, Fresh fish, Pig Roast and ofcourse Puerto Rician, you have many to chose from, all depending on what you are in the mood for.

Enjoy Rincon to the Fullest!!

New York, NY
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

We are hoping to travel to Rincon in April with our three small children. Did you like the house you rented? Any thoughts on whether Rincon in a good place to vacation with children? Thanks!

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

A really calm beach in the area is Boqueron or Combate

4. Re: Staying in Rincon with small children. Any recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations