We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

My husband, 19 and 16 year old daughters, and I will be spending 8 days in Puerto Rico. I previously posted the itinerary for the first part of our trip in the San Juan forum. The second part of our vacation will be spent in Rincon, in the rental house Por Fin Tres Palmas. Please let me know what you think of my itinerary for the second half of our trip.

We arrive at our rental house late in the day on Friday, 6/8. We just plan to grab dinner someplace close by, and relax at the house.

On Saturday, 6/9, my daughters and I plan to ride horses with Pintos R Us. (The Pintos R Us reservation is tentative, depending on the marathon that's happening in Rincon that weekend, Does anyone know if the marathon will be on both Saturday and Sunday?) After that, we'll check out the town of Rincon, and pick up a few groceries.

Sunday, 6/10 is another low key day for us. We plan on staying around the house, snorkeling, maybe going to El Faro Lighthouse.

Monday, 6/11, we have reservations for the Batey Classic Zipline Tour near Arecibo. We have to arrive by 9 am, and should be finished sometime around 1 pm. Is there a good place close by to grab some lunch after we finish zip lining? I've read about Lago Dos Bocas, but I think those restaurants are only open on weekends. Is that correct?

After lunch, I'd like to see if I can talk my family into visiting Cueva Ventana, but I have a feeling we might be too tired to go on another big adventure on the same day. It looks like Cueva Ventana will take 3 hours or so. Is that correct? If so, that seems like too much time for late in the day.

On Tuesday, 6/12, we plan to drive south to Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, to enjoy the view of the limestone cliffs. Afterwards, we are going to swim at La Playuela Beach. On the way back to our rental house, we plan to stop at a restaurant in Joyuda for seafood. Any specific recommendations?

Wednesday, 6/13, I've left open. I figured we'd decide as a family what we wanted to do on our last full day in Puerto Rico. I have a few options in mind, but I'd be glad to hear suggestions. I think we'd like to stay within an hour or so of Rincon, since we have to drive all the way back to the airport on Thursday.

I welcome all comments and suggestions regarding our itinerary. I've used Trip Advisor for a long time, and I've found the Puerto Rico experts to be some of the most helpful on this site.

Thanks in advance.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Bumping this, to see if anyone has any suggestions for us.

iowa
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Hey Missy,on your last day hit crashboat beach,great place to spend a day

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Some of the restaurants at Dos Bocas are open during the week, but they don't have the boats. But I assume they will be closed on a Monday.

Cueva Ventana should take about 1hr to do (maybe less depending on how quickly you walk/how long you hang out inside and take pictures. The walk each way is like 15 mins, only one sort of steep part. Relatively easy and not that much of a tiring adventure. Bring flashlights and do it!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Flowerfarm and Iowafarm, thank you very much for your responses. They help a lot.

Lewisville, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

I would love to hear your suggestions when you return. Let us know what worked. We are visiting in July.

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

You may think about the day time snorkel trip on Katarina sail charters in Rincon, a fun afternoon on the water.

Rincon Puerto Rico
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

Missy, this is Anna, Por fin tres palmas owner. Did you have fun??

8. Re: Itinerary questions - Part 2 - Rincon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:16