We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Watching

I heard a rumor that whales can be sighted off of the coast of Rincon during the "winter" months. Is this true, and if so, which specific months?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Watching

it is no rumor...it's a wonderful fact !! the best spot for off shore sightings is EL FARO PARK (THE LIGHT HOUSE) however there are several places like KATRINA SAILING CHARTERS OR TAINO DIVERS that do whale watching sunset tours. prime whale watching months are JANUARY THRU MARCH. for more info visit

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

happy sightings,

doda

Mentioned in this post
El Faro Park
El Faro Park
66 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Watching

The best month to do "passive" whale watching is February. Humpbac whales come to our areas to mate, so it is not recommended to go near them. If you want to see them from the shore, visit the Rincón Lighthouse during the morning or evening.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Watching

This was a great year for whale watching, I enjoyed numerous thrill shows, I agree February is best, and early March, I have seen them as early as late January. We have viewed the whales from the bar at Confressi all the way to the lighthouse, as close as 200 yards offshore! I find ealy morings and sunset the best time for sightings. Also, Taino Divers and Katarina Sails offer daily sunset whale watching tours which can be great fun to be out on the water for up close spotting, both have great capains.

Mentioned in this post
Taino Divers
Taino Divers
205 Reviews
Puerto Rico
4. Re: Whale Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 07:19