We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

Long Island
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

I'm looking to find a clean/nice inn or hotel that is in walking distance to a surfing break. I know a lot of the breaks are spread out, but it would be great to get up early and surf while my girlfriend sleeps hehehe . I was looking into Casa Islena which is right in front of "Parking Lots" and sandy beach.

Is the Dos Angeles del Mar close to a break? i heard it was a 5min walk.

Thanks

g

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

If you stay in Jobos ( close to Isabela) there is great surf. I stayed in Ocean Front, which was clean and really cheap ( around $ 100), but there is also Villa Montana, Villas del Mar Hau and Costa Dorada. In Isla Verde nalmost next to the Court Yard Marriott you will find surf in front of the Pine Grove Condominium. Otherwise Rincon is great. You should look for postings from Doda, she gives great detailed info on that area

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
99 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

Call John at Dos Angeles. He is a surfer and can give you detailed answers to your questions!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

you can also look into staying at BESIDE THE POINTE.IT'S RIGHT ON A GREAT SURFING BEACH, there bar and restaurant TAMBOO and is a very popular surfing hang out place. a great place to do research is

www.rincon.org

www.rincon-hangout.com (surfing site). i

have 10 years of RINCON vacation experience in fact i just returned from a 2 week stay there so feel free to contact me directly at

msdoda@sbcglobal.net

good luck,

doda

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

The time of the year you are visiting can be a big deciding factor as to the break here in Rincon, of course your ability, budget, and expectations are impotant as well. The best, most consistant breaks are Marias, and Domes, there are no hotels at these properties, but some beautiful villas are available from Maria's to Tres Palmas where the big boys break. Most people drive and park, everything is only 5 minutes away. Casa Islena is beautiful, you can't go wrong staying here. You can hike the Domes trail to reach DOmes and MAria's. THere is a great variey to choose from in that area as well, I guess budget will dictate your final choice, check out Tamboo, Club Bonnaccord, Pool's, Casa Verde, and Dos Angelos.

Puerto Rico
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

I've stayed in Casa Islena 3 times before. It is very nice . The rooms are great with nice private bathrooms. It is right in fron of the beach. You can walk to Sandy Beach from there too. Kind of a long walk but worth it. There's also a place called Beside the Point tamboo and is right in front of sandy beach. That one has a neat bar and food area which is very popular. love to have lunch there. Also acroos from the Tamboo is the Bon Accord hotel (nice bistro and pool). That's a boutique hotel and preferably no kids. There's Pool's Beach right on the road across from Sandy beach and also Sandy Beach (beautiful view.), which is a small inn about 5 min walking distance from beach. The same with Dos Angeles. There are some beach front guest houses near Steps beach. These are more secluded and they look nice. also, in the Sandy Beach area is the Casa Verde guest house. There are some nice little places to eat in Rincon. Last month some of them were closed, but i was told they reopen during october for the high season (november through March) which happens to be the surfing season. Don't forget to go to Marias and Domes. Rincon has beautiful romantic sunsets and some nice snorkeing in the Tres Palmas natural reserve. Also, it's a great place for whale watching. have fun!

6. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2006, 22:22
rincon,p.r.
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

Depending on the date for availability there is Caribbean Surf Villas right close by Antonio's. Your girlfriend could rest by their pool while you surf. You would be by the Antonio's surf break, Sandy Beach, Pools, Spanish wall all close to Caribbean Surf Villas. CSV website is www.reserve@prsurf.com

8. Re: Hotel/Inn walking distance to SURF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:16