We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

United States
6 posts
Save Topic
3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

Hey!

Two of my buddies and I are going to stay at Tamboo Beside the Pointe for a week, and we were wondering if any has suggestions for us. Its kinda funny cause the three of us have different ideas of fun:

- one of us is a surfer, but the other two have never tried... which beach should we hit up?

- one of us is really into the nightlife... we chose Tamboo Beside the Pointe cause we heard its pretty popular, are there other places we should be checking out? or should we NOT stay at Tamboo?

- the last of us (me) likes the relaxing vacation thing... I want to chill on a beach, read a book, and meet some new interesting ppl.. where I should head out to?

Finally, we'll love to hear from anybody else who is going to be in the area while we're there...

Thanks!

Dave

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

hi dave..you all will have a blast..one of the best surfing beaches in right behind TAMBOO @ BESIDE THE POINTE.another great surfing beach is DOME'S by the lighthose...for a quiet reading beach and some good snorkeling head over to STEP'S BEACH...

the beach bar over at VILLA COFRESI'S IS also a popular hang out spot... plus you will find plenty of cool little bars all throughout RINCON ..two of my fav's are ROCK BOTTOM at CASA VERDE and CLYPSO'S..however you will find no clubs..

keep asking questions,

doda

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

You really have chosen the best spot "all around", good beachfront location, affordable, happening at night etc., for you surfing virgens time to learn, check out Jake's at PArking Lot's for rentals and lessons, you can also snorkel and dive while your here, rent waverunners etc, it's a busy week , if you can you should rent a car so you can move around, don't delay, cars run out, be sure to check out Casa Verde, Pools Bar and Cabana's, the Calypso, and the Rum Shack at Lazy Parrot while you are here, I imagine all will be going off that week. If yo want to dive or snorkel you should reserve soon with Taino or Katarina, they will fill up early.

United States
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

ooh, glad to hear we got the right place...

Couple more questions - i know you gotta get certified to go diving, or you can pay a crazy price to go on an "exploration course"... but why would ppl have to pay for snorkeling? Cant I just bring my own snorkel and go snorkeling every day?!? or do they bring you out somewhere?

besides the waterfall in the other post, are there any other rainforest attractions that are nearby?

whats a must-try Puerto Rican food? like when I went to Jaimaica, I had to try Scott's Jerk Pork (damn that was good)... we've booked a car, so we wont mind driving a little off for some very good authentic food

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

hi Dave ..if you visit

www.rincon.org

you will find a link to TAINO DIVERS..i believe they offer discovery dives at a reasonable cost they also offer a great dive/snorkel trip out to DESECHEO ISLAND..i highly recommend this trip. we always bring our own snorkel gear down as there is good free snorkeling at STEP'S BEACH in RINCON and SHACK'S BEACH in ISABELA. also in ISABELA is TROPICAL TRAIL RIDES ..absolutely incredible HORSEBACK RIDING....as far as local food is concerned try the mofongo and empadana's..

keep asking questions

one more thing..there is an awesome bar restaurant up in the mountains with stunning views and getting there is quite an adventure..this place is called LA CIMA..

WWW.LACIMASUNSET.COM or NET ???

keep asking questions,

doda

United States
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

thanks for the reply...

just wondering, is the biolumiscient bay that spectacular?

ive been to the one in Jamaica, and i was wondering should i bother going to Puerto Rico's?

if we wanted to go kayaking or white water rafting... do you have any recommendations?

thanks!

6. Re: 3/19 - 3/26 College Guys in Town (Tamboo Beside the Pointe)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations