We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

New Jersey, USA
11 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

I'm looking to get from Cusco airport to my hotel in Urubamba. I've contacted the hotel and they offer car service for 220 soles but I read in the forums that taking a taxi from the airport should only be about 50 soles. Is there a reliable taxi company that works out of the airport? Or are all the taxis safe?

New Jersey, USA
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

I also need to make a stop in Cusco at Inka Express to pay and pick up my tickets. Any ideas as to how much extra would that cost? Thank you!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

S/. 200 to Urubamba sounds really high. My hotel charged me about $40 (~S/.104) to Ollanta (from Cusco airport). There might be taxi services at the airport or you could contact David Private Tours Peru (davidm14499@hotmail.com, 051 (084) 984866853 -946736368) and ask for a quote.

Shouldn't be an issue or getting charged extra for stopping at the Plaza de Armas for a few minutes (to pay for tix, etc).

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

220 soles is a huge ripoff. They are basically stealing from you, at that price.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

Hmm, the hotel I'm looking at is asking 165 soles/ $65 US from the airport to Urubamba and I thought that sounded very high too. What should the cost be approximately? Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

Maybe 60 to 80 soles. But if they are sending a taxi or limo to wait for you at the airport, they will double or triple the price.

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
789 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

Is it pretty easy/safe to get a taxi at the Cusco airport? How much should we expect to pay for Cusco to Ollan, with a stop in Pisac for a couple of hours?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

When you are stopping for a few hours that turns your transfer into a tour, and you can expect to pay more like 180 to 200 soles.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

To keep the cost in perspective, collective taxis from Cusco to Urubamba with 4 passengers sell each of the 4 seats at only 8 pesos. That means 32 pesos for the whole car.

9. Re: Taxi from Cusco airport to Urubamba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:16