We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

Plainsboro, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

Hello All,

We are planning a really short trip to the Sacred Valley and MP and wanted to know if the Sacred Valley stretch was doable.

We plan on reaching Cuzco at 2 pm and taking a private tour of Sacred Valley (Pisac Ruins, Urubamba possibly) before turning in for the night at Ollanta.

Machu Picchu the next day. We may take a later train to go to MP so we can maybe do one more point of interest in the Sacred Valley (Moray, maybe)

2 pm or so flight from Cuzco to Lima the next day. Possibly visit one more point of interest in the Sacred Valley on the way back to Cusco.

I know it is tight, but would it be doable. We are unfortunately short of time...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,147 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

If you don't land in Cuzco until 2:00, I do not think you have time to see Pisac in any detail. Usually people go for the market and ruins. You'd basically miss the market, which is in the morning. You would have time for a quick visit to the ruins. If everything is on time with your flight, and you arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport to save time, I suppose you could be in Pisac by 3:30, spend 90 minutes walking around the ruins, then it's an hour roughly to Ollanta. I don't think it's worth stopping in Urubamba unless you have a lot of time. It's a town but without any ruins or real tourist attractions outside of hotels and restaurants.

On day 2, if that's your only day at MP, do it as a day trip from Ollanta. Take an early train up. Stay all day. Come back to your hotel in Ollanta on a train that night.

Day three, if your flight is at 2:00 from Cusco, need to be at the airport say 12:30. It's a 90 minute drive so need to leave Ollanta 11:00 at latest. I would spend the morning seeing the ruins in Ollanta and walking around the town. They're more impressive by a lot than Moray or anything else in the SV.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

Contact someone like sacredtransport@gmail.com to be able to do what you plan.

If not, you will not be able to do it.

Plainsboro, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

Thanks a lot guys. My trip is in a fluid state right now and I realize I shouldn't have booked myself on the last flight from Cuzco to Lima, to be on the safer side to catch my international flight the next morning. I am going to move things around a little and probably focus on Ollanta ruins, and maybe Moray and Chinchero. The day I land may not leave time for anything at all so I may just need to bite the bullet and do everything in SV on the 3rd day and take a 4 pm flight to Lima.

4. Re: Short Trip to Sacred Valley-Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:17