We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

Kirkland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

Hi,

My wife and I are travelling to Peru in the month of July. We are catching 4.30 pm train to Aguas Calientes from Ollantaytambo. We are thinking about visiting Pisac Sunday market and Pisac ruins before heading to Ollantaytambo. What are our options? Do we need to hire a private taxi for the half day or should we be good travelling in public buses? How frequent are the Pisac to Olly buses? How long does this journey take roughly?

(We would be in Olly for 1 more day after we are back from Machu Picchu, so will see Olly ruins only if time permits. Otherwise, will see them after we are back from MP.)

Thanks for your help.

Vinay

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

On Sunday the buses are too crowded. I would try to get a taxi. They will be at the bottom of town in Pisac. There should be policemen around if you need help finding one.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 00:01
Kirkland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

Thanks a lot for your reply. Would the taxis be plenty or do I need to prebook one? Usually how much would that cost to go from Piasc to Olly? And how much time does it take? I need to leave Pisac in time so as to not miss the 4.30 train.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

Ask your Ollaytaytambo hotel if you csn dump your bags there while you visit MP, and what it would cost to arrange a taxi to Pisac.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

I would take a taxi from Cusco to Pisac. There are buses which are dirt cheap but with a short amount of time a taxi will be more efficient. The ruins are high above the town and will require a taxi ride up to them. When we were there it closed down quite early in the day and we found ourselves with no ride back down so make sure you arrange for a taxi to wait or come back for you. Take another taxi over to Ollantaytambo. It should only take about an hour. If you leave Cusco early enough and don't spend too long at the ruins or market in Pisac you can definitely arrive in Ollantaytambo early enough to catch your train maybe even early enough to wander the town a little but with your train departing at 4:30PM I would plan on coming back to see Ollanytambo after Machu Picchu as well. A really good restaurant to check out in Ollantaytambo if you have time is the Hearts Café. www.livingheartperu.org/lhhearts Not only will you get some great food but you will be supporting a really good cause too.

Kirkland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

Thanks a lot! This really helps! And we would definitely visit the cafe you mentioned while we are in Olly! Thanks again.

6. Re: Cusco-Pisac-Ollantaytambo travel in half day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16